Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ice creme cake

Many moons ago....landed in the median of the Alaska Hwy, in the middle of Ft St John. Shut down and walked over to the McDonalds to buy a hot lunch to bring back to my wireline crew across the Peace River. As I was walking back to the machine with my hands full with bags of burgers and fries a cop pulled up. Asked me what the heck I was doing? I said: "hitting the fly thru".... He laughed out loud then said: "get the heck outta here and don't do that again!" It paid to fly Santa for the cops every year... 😉

• Like 5

My pic here of the S-58 was taken in Vermilion Bay...near Dryden...we were parked just off the transCanada highway...we could walk across the road to a greasy spoon to get feed...nobody ever complained...we were working on Dryden 18....this was 1974...reg was FZM.