Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Conversion of NZ AME Licence To Canadian AME Licence

kiwiengineer

I failed to quote the person I intended so it was misinterpreted. Obviously, you don’t generally work on helicopters while they’re still flying. Although, I’ve need pilots take off with an engineer on the skids on two separate occasions. 

Might need a bit more pay for that kind of dedication. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, R0T0R said:

I failed to quote the person I intended so it was misinterpreted. Obviously, you don’t generally work on helicopters while they’re still flying. Although, I’ve need pilots take off with an engineer on the skids on two separate occasions. 

Might need a bit more pay for that kind of dedication. 

Good one!!!

On 12/25/2021 at 5:10 AM, shakey said:

Hard to work on a machine that's out flying till dark.

Im referring to a lot of engineers in NZ when the machine is at 3rd party maintenance not in the field.  

It was sarcasm. I can send you a link to the meaning if you’d like?

17 hours ago, Bee3 said:

Im referring to a lot of engineers in NZ when the machine is at 3rd party maintenance not in the field.  

It was sarcasm. I can send you a link to the meaning if you’d like?

I wasn't quoting you. But you can send me that link anyways bonehead.

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2021 at 11:44 PM, ThreePer said:

Demand yes. 
Pay would depend on what part of Canada, what the tour rotation is, and what the working conditions would be.

A couple years experience on AStars with Arriel 1 and LTS courses maybe 50-70k CAD a year if you get a heated hangar and cell service?

Arriel 2 and B3 course would help with the $$$ as more H125s arrive trickle into the market. 

People are paying licensed ame’s, in Canada, 50-70….. with a license….. ?!?!?!?

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, kiwiengineer said:

Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions

Does anyone know of anybody who has converted there NZ AME Licence To Canadian AME License? Does your NZ experience count for your Canadian license application?

What is the pay like in Canada for a Licenced AME with AS350 Airframe & Engine qualifications?

Is there a demand for Licenced Helicopter AME's?

Thanks in advance!

There is no process for converting a foreign licence to a Canadian licence. You will apply for a Canadian licence and then your basic training and experience will be reviewed to see if they meet Canadian requirements. 

Best case scenario is TC finds your basic training and experience acceptable (You can claim experience maintaining any civil registered aircraft) , so you would then need a logbook to demonstrate skill (the tasks do not need to be on Canadian registered aircraft, and they can be certified by the equivalent of an AME in a foreign country) and write the TC technical and regulatory exams to demonstrate knowledge. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2022 at 7:46 AM, CM119 said:

People are paying licensed ame’s, in Canada, 50-70….. with a license….. ?!?!?!?

I sincerely hope that person isn’t offering those rates,  or in a management capacity determining wages that’s insulting.  It looks like there’s no one new for ames judging by this past summer.  There weee aircraft parked during fires ffs