Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What companies do 2/2 rotation?

On 2/15/2024 at 9:45 PM, CM119 said:

I have never seen any set schedule 100% honoured in Canada. 

At Ornge, and Custom for the IFR part it is honored.  At both they'll ASK if you want overtime, but there is no penalty for saying no. As a matter of fact, at Ornge you may at some bases struggle to get extra time, because there may be people with more seniority hogging available OT.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Winnie said:

At Ornge, and Custom for the IFR part it is honored.  At both they'll ASK if you want overtime, but there is no penalty for saying no. As a matter of fact, at Ornge you may at some bases struggle to get extra time, because there may be people with more seniority hogging available OT.

I do have some colleagues from years past at ornge, I did hear the shifts were chaotic but that was over ten years ago when that whole scandal was front and centre.  I think that company is probably much different now.

23 hours ago, CM119 said:

I do have some colleagues from years past at ornge, I did hear the shifts were chaotic but that was over ten years ago when that whole scandal was front and centre.  I think that company is probably much different now.

I'm sure someone will still claim the schedules are chaotic, but you'll know in November when your shifts are for the year, so it is what it is.

I switched to touring, and I know what base I will be at when for the year as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Winnie said:

I'm sure someone will still claim the schedules are chaotic, but you'll know in November when your shifts are for the year, so it is what it is.

I switched to touring, and I know what base I will be at when for the year as well.

As long as it’s understood by the employees and doesn’t deviate that’s what counts.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 6:53 AM, Winnie said:

Have they ever asked you to stay in longer or change your schedule last minute?

On 2/15/2024 at 9:45 PM, CM119 said:

Two different topics if you read the entire thread.  And the question was “Anybody want to chime in any companies that do 2/2 rotations?”  I have been promised schedules several times and every single one was deviated from for a plethora of reasons.  You are correct, I should clarify my statement, I have never seen any set schedule 100% honoured in Canada. Its not a complaint, its just a statement of fact in my experience.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:56 AM, displayname said:

Depends which base

well what are the bases?

On 3/10/2024 at 11:22 PM, FiveCut said:

Have they ever asked you to stay in longer or change your schedule last minute?

Yes, I have been asked if I could do an extra day, and I have also had my in schedule changed this tour, but it's mid tour so doesn't matter to me.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:03 AM, Winnie said:

Yes, I have been asked if I could do an extra day, and I have also had my in schedule changed this tour, but it's mid tour so doesn't matter to me.

How was it changed?