Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Personal Logbooks: Digital or Papercopy? What is everyone using now a days?

Ya that is something that I've questioned also; What if I loose everything and it's not recoverable...😬

You have answered my question.  

Anyone else have any other input out there? Or would there be a cloud based option to prevent this?  

There was the old flight xls, which I am sure wouldn't work on today's computer system but years ago someone was trying to upgrade it I thought but I cannot confirm that myself. I just have a spreadsheet on my computer that I use but I still fill out my paper one just incase I loose the digital. . .

Imagine how much money mr FltDutyXLS could have been making right now if he'd updated to the new regs!

For myself, I use SmartLogbook on android. It lets me set my own custom limits, so I can at least get close to keeping tabs on Duty Time etc. Also good for filling out Forestry and other client Pilot forms, because you can filter your totals by a/c Manufacturer, Type, Model, etc. You can also create custom times, like if you want to track longline, heliski, mountain time, hover exits, wireline...