Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Far West 206 Crash At Stave Lake

vortex

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so since everbody is a TC inspector........how is the lady??? guys lets slow down and see what MOT has to say about that before we get the white mask out and play KKK. 650?? I thought u get more from BC forestry for a 206.....but thats maybe on fires only.....in Alberta they take bids on there landuse stuff.

Only he who never did anything wrong may throw the first rock.

I was a young pilot and was seeding without training....did not work out that well either.....an incident is always a chain of events....

Folks, Let's not have a public lynching here until the facts come out... :mellow:

Does that mean we can have the public lynching once the facts are out?

so since everbody is a TC inspector........how is the lady??? guys lets slow down and see what MOT has to say about that before we get the white mask out and play KKK. 650?? I thought u get more from BC forestry for a 206.....but thats maybe on fires only.....in Alberta they take bids on there landuse stuff.

Only he who never did anything wrong may throw the first rock.

I was a young pilot and was seeding without training....did not work out that well either.....an incident is always a chain of events....

You mean an inspector from the TSB (Transportation Safety Board) do you not? And as far as casting the first stone is basically a quote from the Bible and had to do with sin as the folks were going to stone Mary Magdelin I think as she was a hooker or something.

I would like to say that no matter if I agree with helilog56 or Skidz, I do not think it is appropriate to make these kinds of comments without offering the accused a chance to speak as well.

I will keep my comments to myself or to the people involved.

Jimmy........I would like to clarify, i hope no one feels that i am criticizing or accusing the pilot of anything, i have as much sympathy as anyone else here for him. But i will admit that i feel a touch of anger towards ownership, i am hoping here, lessons are being learned, and what is being discussed, would perhaps, (as Twinnie pointed out), instill some PDM in anyone about to undertake a task(s). Whether my timing is appropriate, you may be right.........but after what happened, or after the fact....when would it be?

It's always been my experience that water doesn't stay glassy for long after the rotor downwash begins to take effect. In most cases when there is little reference to go by, in order to make things easier a wise pilot would set down next to the shoreline and note the altimeter setting before heading out to the middle for the landing (assuming it was a long way to taxi).