Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What's That Smell?

Who else thinks its totally disgusting and uncalled for when a passenger drops his/her guts in your heli? :down:

It seems that for some reason, the odd passenger feels it important to save up a particularly wicked brew and then let er go just after lift off. I just can't seem to think why this would be thought of as funny. I for one can't imagine walking into someone else's stuffy cramped office and feeling that a nice ripe fart is just what is needed! So why do pax feel that this is acceptable behavior?

In my experience, its usually heli-skiers that are the most likely to offend.

Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? Beer fines? Threaten to park the heli for the rest of the day?

Comments? Suggestions?

gc

Oh ya, and before you suggest it, its got nothing to do with the flying! Normally it occurs when everyone is on a full stoke and just loving the day. Smiles all around and vertical feet just stacking up.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else thinks its totally disgusting and uncalled for when a passenger drops his/her guts in your heli? :down:

It seems that for some reason, the odd passenger feels it important to save up a particularly wicked brew and then let er go just after lift off. I just can't seem to think why this would be thought of as funny. I for one can't imagine walking into someone else's stuffy cramped office and feeling that a nice ripe fart is just what is needed! So why do pax feel that this is acceptable behavior?

In my experience, its usually heli-skiers that are the most likely to offend.

Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? Beer fines? Threaten to park the heli for the rest of the day?

Comments? Suggestions?

gc

Oh ya, and before you suggest it, its got nothing to do with the flying! Normally it occurs when everyone is on a full stoke and just loving the day. Smiles all around and vertical feet just stacking up.

When did dropping an ***-bomb in a confined area cease to be hilarious? I guess it works better when it's one of your buddies but the archetypal roots of this particular gag run pretty deep and I suspect many don't care if you are a friend or not. I don't know where to draw the line. I guess farting while getting a doctor's exam might not be cool (but on the other hand I'm half-laughing while thinking about it). I remember a pilot who would wait until he was on a ferry flight with his engineer and then stick his right hand sleeve of his flight suit up to the air vent and then use the air pressure to eject the flatulence out the other sleeve which was aimed right at the face of the engineer. Complete and utter lack of tact or pure comedic genius? One of our pilots at work wouldn't think twice about about blasting you while you're sitting in your office. Just the other day one of our engineers was in a 350 baggage compartment (just legs hanging out) and this pilot sticks his *** right into the compartment and lets one rip. Hilarious. :lol:

I was thinking it might just be a case of me being immature but upon further thought I had to reject that particular notion. Farts are funny and always will be. What do you do when a coworker farts on you? Send out a memo? I think that at some point you got kind of serious about life and quit enjoying farts properly. ;)

When did dropping an ***-bomb in a confined area cease to be hilarious? I guess it works better when it's one of your buddies but the archetypal roots of this particular gag run pretty deep and I suspect many don't care if you are a friend or not. I don't know where to draw the line. I guess farting while getting a doctor's exam might not be cool (but on the other hand I'm half-laughing while thinking about it). I remember a pilot who would wait until he was on a ferry flight with his engineer and then stick his right hand sleeve of his flight suit up to the air vent and then use the air pressure to eject the flatulence out the other sleeve which was aimed right at the face of the engineer. Complete and utter lack of tact or pure comedic genius? One of our pilots at work wouldn't think twice about about blasting you while you're sitting in your office. Just the other day one of our engineers was in a 350 baggage compartment (just legs hanging out) and this pilot sticks his *** right into the compartment and lets one rip. Hilarious. :lol:

I was thinking it might just be a case of me being immature but upon further thought I had to reject that particular notion. Farts are funny and always will be. What do you do when a coworker farts on you? Send out a memo? I think that at some point you got kind of serious about life and quit enjoying farts properly. ;)

Maybe your right. Perhaps I should loosen the grip. Still, the idea of sucking back someone else's fecal matter, airborne or otherwise just doesn't have a lot of appeal to me.

gc

go coastal...lighten up........"then", kick a door open......better yet, if it is the same perpitrator, prior to lift off.......take every door off, then bank the aircraft hard at low speed.......it may get there attention :shock:

Wait a minute, I have a better idea............eat a "lot" of beans the night before, then

retaliate :rolleyes:

TQN....remember this.....overall, its still a "guys" world :blink: ( in helicopters) :huh:

"STUPID" is, as "STUPID" does :blur:

go coastal...lighten up........"then", kick a door open......better yet, if it is the same perpitrator, prior to lift off.......take every door off, then bank the aircraft hard at low speed.......it may get there attention :shock:

Wait a minute, I have a better idea............eat a "lot" of beans the night before, then

retaliate :rolleyes:

TQN....remember this.....overall, its still a "guys" world :blink: ( in helicopters) :huh:

"STUPID" is, as "STUPID" does :blur:

OK, you're right. I guess I am hanging on a little to tight on this one. Retaliation it is. If you can't beat em, join em!

gc

Hey Costal

Heli-Skiers are easy to take care of. Just make sure the disk is well loaded and make a very very slow approach to the group at the pick up and a very slow departure at the landing. If that doesn't work you just may conveniently need fuel just befor that group every time. Oh yeah, then when you return, OOPS I thought it was the other groups turn. Hit em where it hurts......vertical!!! B)

One of our senior pilots was flying out one morning and someone in the back seat thought it would be funny to let go of some nice smell..

The pilot in this case, can't stand this kind of smell and he landed looked back and told him to he's face that if he ever did that again, he would not be flying with him ever again.. With no smile on he's face..

Nobody was laughing than..

And I dont beleive it has ever happen with him after..

:)