Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Repeditive......

Man...it seems like we are just covering ground over...and over....and over again.....

I see the same questions asked time and time again!!! If that's not the case then there are some new arbitrary discussions being brought up like fuel sloshing in a A-Star.....WOW you are paying attention to your machine.....DO YOU WAN"T A HERO COOKIE???!!!

We don't all have to hear about your new revelation!!!!

I realise that there is a wealth of information at your fingertips here on the "world wide web" but before you decide to ask a question....FEEL FREE TO BROUSE THOURGH THE ENDLESS PAGES OF TOPICS TO MAKE **** SURE THAT THE SAME QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ASKED 10,000 TIME BEFORE!!!!!

I have noticed that most of the questions and answers here have been from less experienced people that havn't had a chance to see what it's like in the "world that is Helicopters" and I appologize in advance to those that are experinced and are humoring the less experienced....

If you need information on certain topics (not all mind you because some of the stuff on this website is actually quite usefull, see my previous question and posts) pick up a book or a flight manual and read it firts hand and you are likely to retain the knowledge for a longer period of time!!!!!!!

One of the most important lessons in this industry to learn is to pull up your socks, take some initiative, and try and find the answer for your self before you ask for help so that you know where the answer is. There are many tests to complete in your career and they are not all on paper

Cheers

SG

P.S. The score on most of those tests is not depending on spelling as you have seen above....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello some guy,

while I understand your frustration about redundant posts, I am wondering about the message here. I read a lot of past threads, and it seems to me that the ones that repeat themselves (to your obvious dissatisfaction) are the ones that our esteemed colleagues wish to hash out over and over again, because practise makes perfect, and awareness is often repetitive.

this is a forum after all...if there was a paid editing staff to ensure quality forum posts, I would still be a newbie.

Perhaps that would be for the best.... Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

I guess I am one of those newbies without answers... FU@K You is all I have to say!

Im sorry but if there is any question out there that has to do with helicopters or related with the industry whatsoever please feel free to ask or comment as you choose!!!

I thought this was an industry where you never stop learning... just because somethig has been said or stated in the past doesnt mean it cant be explained better than "Some guy"...

The main reason I go to this site is to hear first hand stories and experiences that MIGHT help me survive another day! (And live to enjoy those days!)

Call Me another Newbie that wants another "Hero Cookie", so what?... I thought I was just trying to do a good job. Maybe Im jaded and just love what I do for a living... but personally, I think that there is no question that is a stupid question in this industry, even if it has been asked 10,000 times before! You never know if the 10,001 time the question is asked that it actually saves a life...

The two sided coin......

I am pretty new here and new to the helicopter industry as well. I'm here because I love it, like many I suppose. Often times in many forums of many kinds questions get asked and answered again and again. Some people dont mind answering the stupid question that could have easily been googled or looked up. Some people do.

Personally I try to do a quick search then ask. This particular forum isnt that fast moving. Things are easy to find from a week ago, they are usually only 3 posts down or so. I think the point of a forum is to get many ideas from many different people.

You can google any thing, I have enough books in my home to start a small library, but frankly I would rather have a conversation on a subject then research it....

Case in point.... I just posted last night a question about where to find a good weather report.... has it been asked before? Probably.... Do I care? Not really, and apparently neither did the person that posted 5 links for me to check out.

A forum is a place for lite conversation, chit chat, information sharing.... but the cool thing is this.............

Its like TV.... if some thing is going on you dont like.... simply change the channel, dont read it, ignore it. There are more important things going on in the world to worry about the repeat posts.

I know its annoying when you have been some where for a while and the same questions start popping up, and yes us noobs should search it out a little bit. I'm sorry if I or some other noob ruined your day by asking a stupid question...... again

Just my two cents...

Chill out Some Guy....geez. The same topics to tend to emerge again...each time they do, new people are able to add their insight thus bringing new ideas. You don't have to read them if you don't want to. With people like you hanging around, others may be afraid to bring up a topic...this is a great forum and a great place for a free exchange of ideas...don't ruin it.

Mark

The only dumb question is the one not asked. Sure, do a keyword search first. But if you don't find your answer, present your question. The same question can be asked 100 times—often with the same results. But sometimes you'll see fresh voices/responses, depending on who's around at the time. Some Guy: Perhaps you have fresh advice you can share from time to time on repetitive questions. :) They must be important to someone, or they wouldn't be asked over and over again. Share and be a mentor! Or I will pinch you! :P

Man...it seems like we are just covering ground over...and over....and over again.....

I see the same questions asked time and time again!!! If that's not the case then there are some new arbitrary discussions being brought up like fuel sloshing in a A-Star.....WOW you are paying attention to your machine.....DO YOU WAN"T A HERO COOKIE???!!!

We don't all have to hear about your new revelation!!!!

I realise that there is a wealth of information at your fingertips here on the "world wide web" but before you decide to ask a question....FEEL FREE TO BROUSE THOURGH THE ENDLESS PAGES OF TOPICS TO MAKE **** SURE THAT THE SAME QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ASKED 10,000 TIME BEFORE!!!!!

I have noticed that most of the questions and answers here have been from less experienced people that havn't had a chance to see what it's like in the "world that is Helicopters" and I appologize in advance to those that are experinced and are humoring the less experienced....

If you need information on certain topics (not all mind you because some of the stuff on this website is actually quite usefull, see my previous question and posts) pick up a book or a flight manual and read it firts hand and you are likely to retain the knowledge for a longer period of time!!!!!!!

One of the most important lessons in this industry to learn is to pull up your socks, take some initiative, and try and find the answer for your self before you ask for help so that you know where the answer is. There are many tests to complete in your career and they are not all on paper

Cheers

SG

P.S. The score on most of those tests is not depending on spelling as you have seen above....

....and yet you're probably just as likely to talk about all "the same ol' sh*t" ad nauseum over beers as we all are. Lighten up.