Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kick The Tires And Light The Fires!

Cole

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right here!

Now if anyone knows where I can find $19,000.00 that would be great!

Im applying for the BC studen loan right now and Im also calling the local HRDC in the morning.

hey cole, let me know how it goes with the hrdc. they weren't much help in the past, maybe you'll get someone with a little foresight into the industry.

best of luck to ya

Just got off the phone with them, the dumb $#@&*^$ on the phone who when i told her the total all in cost for my school was just shy of 60000 told me i was wrong. She told me the school in penticton costs $170,000... i told her Im not going to school in penticton and she asked why not... BECAUSE I DONT HAVE $170,000!!!!!! haha she just couldnt get anything through her head.

I am also talking to the BC student aid people... more dumb people... the school its self is not registerd, so as a student you can start the application process, so I did. The lady i talked to told me the application had not been submitted. I told her i just submitted it and she said i couldnt possibly do that. There was a 15 minute discussion about that befor she finally said 'oh here it is it was submitted this morning by a mister *cole*' i just laughed and said "I know: thats me" Silence.

Theyre looking into it but at the moment the combined income for my parents indicates i dont need help... and if my dad was more willing to help then they would be right, I wouldnt need there money.

yeah cole, i figured things would go the way they did for you regarding the hrdc........well good luck anyway. i'm hoping hepac will make a change to the way things are percieved by the gov.

by the way nice helmet choice...got the same one myself in the matte gray.

Thanks very much I may have a grandparent that might help with the LOC (one parent doesnt have the credit but is behind me 100% the other just isnt interested) and have gotten a $1000 gift from another one plus $10,000 of my own money (not bad for 3 months outta high school on top of a private pilots license) $3,000 if I can sell my KLR.

The best thing about the line of credit is that if I have an incredibly horrible month my minimum payments are interest only, that being said every other month is simply keeping enough to get by and a bit of just in case cash and the rest is going to pay this thing off.

The hardest part of this all is going to be finding a job after im out but Im confident that starting in october and being out in february (average duration of 5 students) should give me a leg up along with a little luck and some connections life'll be good! B)

Cole

Well tomorrow I will be speaking once again to our friends at the BCSL division to introduce my scenario to them for a third time, hopefully to some avail. This time they will not be given information about my parents and hopefully I will be designated with some form of need which could get a fair chunk of change and hopefully enough to convince other parties to contribute.

On top of this Im considdering buying a westfailia and living in that rather then the studio apartment I was currently looking at as well as 86ing the 206 endorsement all to save money, again this depends on funds.

Cheers and thanks to all those who are being so helpful!

Cole

So i found out today that all that money coming off my paycheques for EI may have some benifit (duh, totally forgot)

Cost of living reduced signifigantly.

In other news, Cole reached another milestone today as his final requirement was met for his PPL FW and tomorrow has the PPL written to finish off the license. The exam should be fine as todays practice exam was in the hi 90s B)

Cheers, wish me luck!

Cole