Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kick The Tires And Light The Fires!

Cole

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll see where this goes but I convinced them to reopen my file. They say they cant apply for it once the course is underway. So the solution is obviously to change their view on the course its self... ive broken it into 2 different categoeries and ***** estimated times for each. What they are seeing is a 3 week ground school course (should buy me enough time to get the whole process taken care of) then a 12 week practical course.

Should do the trick... if theres money im eligable for, ill get it.

Btw if you find the money well in advance then you will not need to do this whole shifty crafty dance around the system. You will simply need to apply.

With one full day befor I leave Im taking my parents and my grandad flying tomorrow morning and my friends have something up their sleeves for sat night.

Thanks for the support!

Cole

I never even imagined there was something labeled 'school' that I would like so much.

Today we just did a bit of ground school and then helped the engineer with some basic stuff on the helicopter including a changeover of the main bearing and me and the other student (theres only 2 of us) altered a press so we could facilitate it.

Fun day in all back at it tomorrow at 8.

Off to study more.

Cole.

I never even imagined there was something labeled 'school' that I would like so much.

Today we just did a bit of ground school and then helped the engineer with some basic stuff on the helicopter including a changeover of the main bearing and me and the other student (theres only 2 of us) altered a press so we could facilitate it.

Fun day in all back at it tomorrow at 8.

Off to study more.

Cole.

Good luck Cole with all your knowledge you might finish at the top of your class

Just assisted the mechanic on it and some other stuff in c-gloz, the 300 here at the school.

Sounds like I could be skids up as soon as tomorrow!

Almost half way through culhane and the POH for the S300. Obviously done reading FTGU, getting into the 4th chapter of air command weather manual and trying to fit in some CARS as well.

Another 8.5 in the hangar today and because the engineer leaves so soon and needs to do a retourque I may have 5.0 in by the end of the week!.

I can honestly say im glad I did my PPL as much of the stuff were reading makes sense and Im a bit ahead of the game in everything but the helicopter only stuff.

Writing the commercial exam Cole, the nav brought my mark down, as I answered a question wrong at the onset of flight planning, and 5 subsequent questions were based on the initial answer, so brush the **** out your whiz wheel, and make sure you can answer questions about true airspeed, rate of climb, max cruise, consumption of fuel. The answers are very close.

I still did pretty well though, studied the sh#$ out of the CARS for 3 weeks, paranoid I'd have to pay another 80 bucks to write it again.

Just assisted the mechanic on it and some other stuff in c-gloz, the 300 here at the school.

Sounds like I could be skids up as soon as tomorrow!

Almost half way through culhane and the POH for the S300. Obviously done reading FTGU, getting into the 4th chapter of air command weather manual and trying to fit in some CARS as well.

Another 8.5 in the hangar today and because the engineer leaves so soon and needs to do a retourque I may have 5.0 in by the end of the week!.

I can honestly say im glad I did my PPL as much of the stuff were reading makes sense and Im a bit ahead of the game in everything but the helicopter only stuff.

hey cole is it skids up on the same machine that you helped out with. theres nothing better than a pilot being the first to fly a machine that he was involved with. did you count all your tools fly safe

As far as nav goes, its actually my strong suit of the four sections. Ill be rereading the ftgu section on airlaw along with the culhane section on airlaw.

I know from experience the sequence of events that can happen and am honestly only really concerned about nailing down a job after the course is done (Target date is Jan 11!) and picking the right place if I get more then one offer. (I want what everyone else wants, to achieve my one goal, meeting my many goals)