Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Kick The Tires And Light The Fires!

Cole

hehe, yeah it was a few years in the making, not exactly something i decided over night.

So far im really enjoying the course and cant wait to get flying! Wendell has been excelent in delivering all his points and easy to get along with.

Are you en ex student, or colegue?

Cheers.

Cole

Cole,

You will enjoy Wendell's course very much. He offers an excellent product, and you will be very well received by people who make decisions in this biz. Bonus - he is truly a gentleman.

I did Wendy's (does he still have hair like a girl?) 205 training about a hundred years ago; seems about that long anyway.

Please give him my best regards. Is he still driving for the Crane?

And now, my son, I know you ride.

I was out on my Kwacker (that's what they call Kawi's in the UK), cruiser today and, while doing about 130 myself, I saw a young lad on a CBR ahead of me stand his bike up on the back wheel. I caught up and offered my admiration. A bit later we passed some dude in a Chevy pickup, who, when he observed the show, seemed to get quite exercised that some guy was riding down Hwy 91 at 150 on his back wheel and some old fart on a cruiser was riding along. Long story short, I saw the pickup guy on his cell phone, so I rode ahead and warned the kid, and we departed the fix. The kid went I don't know where and I went directly to the toy store.

When I was your age I rode an RJ1100 - 183 MPH right outta the box. My wife thinks I am a complete idjit to have a bike at all, but now I'm trying to convince her that 190 on a Kwacker cruiser is **** scary and she should let me buy something more suitable - like a Duck. She thinks I'm gonna get dead.

Moral of the story, it's strong-willed, intelligent people who do really well in this industry. I encourage you not to be dumb (although we all are, at times), but I also encourage you to be a unique individual who uses good judgement in all (most?) situations, and who has strong sense of self. And what the **** - you might as well have a little fun doing it.

And finally, Cole, how do I know so much about you? More importantly, how do I know you will do well in this biz?

Because I have been hiring and training pilots for about a hundred years, and you can't help but notice certain patterns emerge.

You and rcketchik are gonna do just fine.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Jerry it seems as if you can read me fairly well. I try not to do stupid things on bikes and that wont be an issue from here on for a while, until I pay off 2 lines of credit that is, and always try my best.

Where do you normally hire out of, assuming youre not hiring where your riding on the coast? If its lowtime, expect to see my resume on your desk and me in person shortly after. Should be on the hunt for work about mid january and will be closely looking at every offer. Feel free to PM me advice and such that youre not willing to hand out to just anyone, anything you can tell me is appreciated alot!

I will definately say hi to 'Wendy' for yah, although I wouldnt date any girls with his current hair cut haha. Yah hes still flying the crane, just got off tour a few days ago here. Theres a picture of him running up the crane in PG in the picture section.

Those duc's are a real nice bike. I also like the triumph daytona.

Cheers,

Cole

The majority of today was spent helping Wendell and our AME on the tracking and balancing of the main rotor. I managed to squeze in about 40 pages of studying from culhane (still trying to convince someone with a credit card to supply me with your book Phil) and confirm that my new helmet is on the way... to Penticton where it will be forwarded to me here in creston and should be here within a week

It was exciting to see GLQZ up and flying and gives me something to look forward to. No flying today for me though and it will be at least next week befor I start.

First big problem im having to solve is how to kill the bordem... Im spending some time at the gym but well see how the weekend treats me.

And Jerry- 'Wendy' says hi back.

Cheers,

Thanks for all the pm's

Cole

-PS, after today I couldnt have much more respect for AME's. If I was doing the same task I would have been frustrated beyond all comprehension, and then to think that today was a semi warm day in creston rather then a -40 middle of the night in yellowkinfe.

The majority of today was spent helping Wendell and our AME on the tracking and balancing of the main rotor. I managed to squeze in about 40 pages of studying from culhane (still trying to convince someone with a credit card to supply me with your book Phil) and confirm that my new helmet is on the way... to Penticton where it will be forwarded to me here in creston and should be here within a week

It was exciting to see GLQZ up and flying and gives me something to look forward to. No flying today for me though and it will be at least next week befor I start.

First big problem im having to solve is how to kill the bordem... Im spending some time at the gym but well see how the weekend treats me.

And Jerry- 'Wendy' says hi back.

Cheers,

Thanks for all the pm's

Cole

-PS, after today I couldnt have much more respect for AME's. If I was doing the same task I would have been frustrated beyond all comprehension, and then to think that today was a semi warm day in creston rather then a -40 middle of the night in yellowkinfe.

You'll get that a lot, amazement of the work that gets done by the ame's. They are your mentors as well. Always be there to help when you can and you will always have success.

What's Creston like? Gym any good? Pick up or slow down in the fall?

Well Jerry it seems as if you can read me fairly well. I try not to do stupid things on bikes and that wont be an issue from here on for a while, until I pay off 2 lines of credit that is, and always try my best.

Where do you normally hire out of, assuming youre not hiring where your riding on the coast? If its lowtime, expect to see my resume on your desk and me in person shortly after. Should be on the hunt for work about mid january and will be closely looking at every offer. Feel free to PM me advice and such that youre not willing to hand out to just anyone, anything you can tell me is appreciated alot!

I will definately say hi to 'Wendy' for yah, although I wouldnt date any girls with his current hair cut haha. Yah hes still flying the crane, just got off tour a few days ago here. Theres a picture of him running up the crane in PG in the picture section.

Those duc's are a real nice bike. I also like the triumph daytona.

Cheers,

Cole

Cole,

Knowing who Jerry is, and his reputation in this industry, you should listen carefully to his advice. Not many people of his stature participate on these forums. Not many people at his level have the balls to use their first names on these forums AND take the time to answer questions from the new guys...

Edited by Skidz

All day of ground school today with no flying again. Lots of studying going on and Im doing my best to kill my spare time.

More studying to be done for the weekend and hopefully some flying coming up very soon.

Also knowing/learning who Jerry is im honored to have him read my thread nevermind provide positive feedback. Im elated that someone as experienced as him will take the time to talk to a lowtimer like myself.

Thanks for all the positive replies,

Cole

Here we go again!

Tonnes of studying done this weekend... as in, im done all the readings... no seriously as of about 945 tonight all of the books have been read through for the first time... The first time.

Tomorrow ill start going through it all again and doing practice exams (found some good ones) and start tuning up on what I need to know.

The other student and myself will be writing the exam at the 50 hour mark exactly so I want to hit my goal of over 95% overall.

Hoping to get some flying in this week but nothing has been said yet. My helmet should be in Penticton tomorrow and here on thursday.

Have a good night.

Cole

Haha thanks Jerry, just a bit anxious and excited to fly. One angle I didnt have nailed down befor I came out here was what to do in my spare time. Ive been running lots but that doesnt entertain me long enough to occupy all my spare time.

More reading and ground school today and i'm very happy with the way things are going so far.

Starting the practice exams tonight just to see where i'm at and what needs more study and im also starting to commit the important numbers from the flight manual to memory.

Cheers.

Cole

I was actually going with the yellow but they advised me that would take upwards of 9 weeks. They have 1 white left on order. I settled for the blue, it was my second choice anyway.

Hmmm, I have a feeling that blue Gallet LH250 was my order that they "couldn't seem to find". HAHA!

:o