Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cnd Helicopter Industry

It is fortunate that not all feel this way.

I have spent many years as a C.P., C.C.P, O.M. flight instructor, etc.etc., so my background and mindset is directed more towards helping, assisting and teaching.

My main gig is C.A.C (logging and fires), and I do some instructing during the winter at Chinook . I wonder how you would feel T.S. if you were hired to be a Crane driver and none of the captains gave out much in the way of assistence to learn a complex and difficult aircraft? The tricks and tips of which you speak, to help you learn the aircraft.......without their guidance, it would be a way more difficult transition, especially in our high production environment where numbers are scutinized.

A lot of us blend our numbers, to take pressure off pilots new to the Crane, so one can concentrate on aircraft handling rather than trying to appease a logging manager.

I have the pleasure to fly with different pilots from around the world, and share information and tips with each other that help make our work safer and easier, and after 30 years and 18,000 hours, I still learn. And that information, I am more than happy to share with others........jeez, it is no threat to my job, helping others.

That is part of the foundation for HEPAC, we would like to build a mentorship program along with a library that members can access to assist them and develope as pilots and engineers.

What can set you apart from the "cookie cutter" crowd of which you speak, is to be a mentor, be one of those pilots or engineers that share their knowledge and experience, and are helpful with others.

****, whats so wrong with just being a nice guy ??? ;):rolleyes:

I know lots of pilots that grad from chinook all sure hands perhaps you were their instructor. In five years there wont be a topic such as a 100 hr. pilot or an apprentice give it 8 yrs. but this cycle will have run its course those fortunate to be gaining real exp. will be laughing and those other folks sorry. with all your titles let me ask you a question that you touched on ....were you always I a nice guy when that SOB down the street undercut you and you still remember his name and curse him every time that you hear it... same as eng. and pliots, just wearing different hat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angry Egg Driver
I know lots of pilots that grad from chinook all sure hands perhaps you were their instructor. In five years there wont be a topic such as a 100 hr. pilot or an apprentice give it 8 yrs. but this cycle will have run its course those fortunate to be gaining real exp. will be laughing and those other folks sorry. with all your titles let me ask you a question that you touched on ....were you always I a nice guy when that SOB down the street undercut you and you still remember his name and curse him every time that you hear it... same as eng. and pliots, just wearing different hat

What the **** are you talking about?

If you give lots you get lots back in return.I have helped peaple who I don't even know and probably will never meet again.The only thing I want in return for my tricks and ideas is for them to remember and pass it along to the next guy that needs a hand or a idea.As for worrying about somebody scooping you get your head out of your *ss.Anybody can under cut you **** YOU CAN UNDERCUT YOURSELF by not working together with your fellow employees or even other companies.Iguess what I am trying to say is help and other peaple will return the favour

What the **** are you talking about?
what I'm talking about AED is this ride wont last for ever. hope you have lots of hrs. and stick too 500's so no body will be threatened. great go work those

tuna boats in the southseas when theres no MD's around in Canada. you're being put out to pasture my friend

It is fortunate that not all feel this way.

I have spent many years as a C.P., C.C.P, O.M. flight instructor, etc.etc., so my background and mindset is directed more towards helping, assisting and teaching.

My main gig is C.A.C (logging and fires), and I do some instructing during the winter at Chinook . I wonder how you would feel T.S. if you were hired to be a Crane driver and none of the captains gave out much in the way of assistence to learn a complex and difficult aircraft? The tricks and tips of which you speak, to help you learn the aircraft.......without their guidance, it would be a way more difficult transition, especially in our high production environment where numbers are scutinized.

A lot of us blend our numbers, to take pressure off pilots new to the Crane, so one can concentrate on aircraft handling rather than trying to appease a logging manager.

I have the pleasure to fly with different pilots from around the world, and share information and tips with each other that help make our work safer and easier, and after 30 years and 18,000 hours, I still learn. And that information, I am more than happy to share with others........jeez, it is no threat to my job, helping others.

That is part of the foundation for HEPAC, we would like to build a mentorship program along with a library that members can access to assist them and develope as pilots and engineers.

What can set you apart from the "cookie cutter" crowd of which you speak, is to be a mentor, be one of those pilots or engineers that share their knowledge and experience, and are helpful with others.

****, whats so wrong with just being a nice guy ??? ;):rolleyes:

I am a nice guy, but you're comparing a teamwork position, where two must work as one, to where I usually work alone. Come talk to me when I have to do a two person job, such as pulling an engine or something else. I have different rules for that too.

Put yourself in my position, which is absolutely different than yours.

Guest Angry Egg Driver
what I'm talking about AED is this ride wont last for ever. hope you have lots of hrs. and stick too 500's so no body will be threatened. great go work those

tuna boats in the southseas when theres no MD's around in Canada. you're being put out to pasture my friend

Actually i havnt flown 500's for a few years.And at a 1000 hrs a year i'm not hurting for work.SO yeah cant see myself being put out to pasture.... :lol: