Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

Guest Bullet Remington
Over-talk :punk: :up: You rule dude, always calling like it is !

Pup, if you don't like 50 / 5, then change it. You're not a hero in my eyes by working for XXX.Ltd with that schedule, you're an idiot! There is better out there. If you want a southern Base with a better rotation, give me a PM, we have an offer for you ! How about a 3/1 on an L3 or 407 in a cushy ski lodge??? AND The staff are rumored to have TWO breasts each!

Geez, i might want to take that!! I have both the driver's and engineer's license!!! :punk:

Oh wait a second....you just might be one of tyhose picky buggers that want thier drivers to have a Fling Wing License!! :down:

Keersit, what have a guy gotta do to hang around the scenery with magnificent Ta Ta's??? :unsure:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over-Talk,

I guess i can't really argue with ya, you drive a hard point, but sometimes a guys got to try and be loyal, and try to ride it out and hope that things will eventually get better. unfourtenelty it doesn't seen to happen, not if the same people stay in the maengment poistion, they are set in there way of doing things, you can talk till your blue in the face, but might as well be talking to a brick wall.

It's ok though, i think i'm just guuna quit here and start my new carrer as a coin operated helicopter hore.

Loyalty is all well and good but...

If a company can't give you more time off, and another company is offering the shift you want so you can have a life then the solution is simple.

Myself, I prefer a nice 14 on 14 off rotation. If you find the right type of work in a busy sector of the industry, you can still make decent money and have a life too...

I also have a couple friends who went and got the old IFR recently. There seems to be a high demand for pilots over on that side of the industry too, and the lifestyle seems better doing that stuff. One guy is home every day in Dubai and the other guy is doing 6 weeks on 6 weeks off with CHC.

There are a lot of options out there these days. I have never actually seen such a high shortage of experienced drivers like this. A good guy could probably negotiate any kind of shift and money he wanted within reason.

Yes it is all good once you're in, but why do people still think it is okay to pay newbies next to nothing and work em to the bone? Its an attitude that has been around a long time in not only rotary wing but also fixed wing. It needs to change.

I am not saying they should be paid top dollar, but at least they should make more than someone working at the golden arches.

Can you just think for a minute how a newbie survives with student loans due, rent, food, transportation etc.? I myself don't know how they do it.

Fortunately there is a few operators out there who at least pay enough for a new guy to survive without going bankrupt.

But this has all been covered before in previous threads months and years ago. It seems like it will be a long time before this situation will change.

The old guys need to remember where they came from, and the complaints they had back then...but then they will go back to sayin the "payin your dues" line. And on it goes.....

Guest BeeBee
Yes it is all good once you're in, but why do people still think it is okay to pay newbies next to nothing and work em to the bone? Its an attitude that has been around a long time in not only rotary wing but also fixed wing. It needs to change.

I am not saying they should be paid top dollar, but at least they should make more than someone working at the golden arches.

Can you just think for a minute how a newbie survives with student loans due, rent, food, transportation etc.? I myself don't know how they do it.

Fortunately there is a few operators out there who at least pay enough for a new guy to survive without going bankrupt.

But this has all been covered before in previous threads months and years ago. It seems like it will be a long time before this situation will change.

The old guys need to remember where they came from, and the complaints they had back then...but then they will go back to sayin the "payin your dues" line. And on it goes.....

Yeah...but most of those guys think TV is a new fangled fade that won't last.

No, it's not "paying your dues" It's being paid for what you can do, wihout supervision, and being trusted to do it right, with the very minimum in risk. Only time and experience will get you there. Until then, they are paid for what they are currently worth.

Guest BeeBee
No, it's not "paying your dues" It's being paid for what you can do, wihout supervision, and being trusted to do it right, with the very minimum in risk. Only time and experience will get you there. Until then, they are paid for what they are currently worth.

I hate to tell ya.... ain't really that hard....and you know it isn't. Six weeks on a longline and you're an expert. It's not brain surgery.