Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs And More?

N1

Nothing bad intended in my post, just an old timer's observation.

JD

No worries my friend, us young fella's like to work hard and hoard away a few hours anyway.

Kind of reminds me of shooting gophers as a kid saving up nickels to pay for that new scatter gun haha.........besides somebody has to pick up the slack in the industry anyway there's to many kids flying out there that don't know how to make a dollar yet, maybe we should send them all out to the farm and teach them how to bale hay when the sun shines!!!

Fly safe JD.................Hawkins.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just heard that Great Slave layed off 57 pilots. Comes from a pretty reliable source. The layoffs where mostly full time guys. Looks like the industry is in for tough times ahead. What next????

If any of you guys want to learn how to paint pretty landscapes, I have so much work !!

Hang in there fellas & fellettes...

Whats next is a huge fire season next year with the usual Ontario burns, Alberta burns, BC burns (a lot if the pine beetle stuff starts to go) The NWT burns and they will be screaming for guys and you will make so much money you can't spend it fast enough. And if it doesn't, I have a number for a truck driving school you can have :lol:

Just heard that Great Slave layed off 57 pilots. Comes from a pretty reliable source. The layoffs where mostly full time guys. Looks like the industry is in for tough times ahead. What next????

if they have 75 machines and laid off 57 pilots.mmmmmmmm. don't think there are that many full time guys there. mostly contract or day rate. make sure of the numbers before posting. maybe not calling back contract guys for the winter. i can see. if it is slow. and it is

GSHL has always laid off low timers in the winter. That's what happens when you work for a company that goes from 24 hour day light to 24 hour darkness. My first two years at GSH i was told I'd be laid off come fall, I was, and I had the time of my life those winters and went back in the spring. In fact lots of people lay themselves off or fire themselves in the fall and go live life on a beach or ski hill.

I also totally respect their decision to shut the doors on their school, i wish most of the "puppy mills" would too. If there are some noses out of joint, I hope someday you'll realize they did you a favour.