Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Foriegn Workers....

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Guest Angry Egg Driver

So if we are seeing a big downturn in the economy and as the effects trickle down into the aviation world with there being less work available for Canadian pilots and engineers.Does this mean that the foreign workers will be sent home or are we going to have to compete with them for the same work?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey that's a darn good idear. Me and my brother Jed were just sitting on the porch playing our banjo's and we thought its 'bout time all dem funny talkers go home. Because the less work the more time dem funny talkers will spend in town trying to woo our little women and before you know it we be out of jobs with no women....no, not good at all....

WW

PS No I'm not a funny talker...

PPS May the best man get the job...

Hey that's a darn good idear. Me and my brother Jed were just sitting on the porch playing our banjo's and we thought its 'bout time all dem funny talkers go home. Because the less work the more time dem funny talkers will spend in town trying to woo our little women and before you know it we be out of jobs with no women....no, not good at all....

WW

When alot of good men are sitting at home and there are already some ( Hopefully you will be one soon ) We'll see how funny you think you are then.

Angry egg this is a losing argument with this lot.

Its a bummer about the slowdown over there, All you can do guys really, work your way into a management job, CP or GM and once you are there not hire anybody other than Canadians, Problem solved. Or better yet go to their country and work for peanuts, root their women and....., Oh never mind they have laws to protect their national workers down there, you will never get in.

WW

All I have to say is "wow"! :blink:

Couple of questions for you guys.

1. What do you think the percentages would be ie: Canadians vs foreigners in the Canadian helicopter industry.

2. When someone from overseas applies through your immigration dept to go and work there they obviously have to prove somehow that there is a need for skilled labour from outside Canada based on the industry at the time that they apply. Now, if economic conditions change, as they have done lately, does that mean that their permission to work and live in Canada is revoked or is is just overlooked.

Just curious.

Ned

Nerves are frayed all around and it doesn't help with people like Whop Whop stirring the pot.... :down:

There are strong points on both sides. It is unfair that Canadian pilots are jobless while foreign pilots have jobs however what can the employer do? If they hired a foreign pilot in 2007 because there were no Canadian pilots available, do they now fire them in order to hire a Canadian pilot? There doesn't seem to be an easy solution to this one.....kinda like politics. :huh:

I think we're all hoping for a better year in 2009 and fingers crossed all the way around there's enough jobs for everyone....

Nerves are frayed all around and it doesn't help with people like Whop Whop stirring the pot.... :down:

There are strong points on both sides. It is unfair that Canadian pilots are jobless while foreign pilots have jobs however what can the employer do? If they hired a foreign pilot in 2007 because there were no Canadian pilots available, do they now fire them in order to hire a Canadian pilot? There doesn't seem to be an easy solution to this one.....kinda like politics. :huh:

I think we're all hoping for a better year in 2009 and fingers crossed all the way around there's enough jobs for everyone....

I was born in Winnipeg grew up in Germany till I was 11(airforce brat)moved to Ottawa and ended up on the island.What am I,A MUTT..........my roots are from England.Check your roots Im sure none of you are really a Canadian....How important is it really?