Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bc Forest Service Dialogue Request

Newt,

I agree with most of what long tour says.

However this forum is a good cross section of the industry and what may or may not be out there. You will have to decide how helpful it will be to your department.

I am sure that your office does spend a lot of time with the operators, which is also a good

idea. If you don't you will hear about it here.

It may require a lot of sifting to get through the bs on a lot of the threads posted here, to find the facts or close to the facts, but for me up till now it has been worth the effort.

The remainder of long tours thread as to some of the participants is right on the mark, which runs in line with what I passed on to you in my PM.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching this forum for a long time and this is my first reply. I find that the majority of the people on here don't have a clue, but still give their opinion anyway.

Congratulations on your first post 'long tour' after lurking around here for almost 1 1/2 years.

Nice to see you have a flair with words. I'm sure you have endeared yourself to all of us who "don't have a clue".

Thank-You for the long deserved recognition!!

What happened to too full of himself Stuckelburger???

Newt, from what I understand, your bcfs position is under competition and the winner has yet to be announced. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make this introduction after the decision is made, thus creating less confusion to the heli industry if the successful candidate is not yourself?

A classic case of premature e-speculation?

Newt, from what I understand, your bcfs position is under competition and the winner has yet to be announced. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make this introduction after the decision is made, thus creating less confusion to the heli industry if the successful candidate is not yourself?

A classic case of premature e-speculation?

He seems to be employed in the position so far!

Hi Newt. Welcome to the forum. I do have a quick question, although you may not be able to answer it yet. What is BCFS policy regarding AFF for this coming season? I ask because last season, there was a particular operator who seemed to be on BCFS fires when three other companies here were parked watching. The funny thing is that the 3 companies doing the watching all have various AFF installed. My company spent nearly $20000/aircraft- granted, way in excess of the minimum requirement. The other two companies also had fully approved AFF systems. The bone we all had to pick was when the 4th company was getting away with cell phones and SPOT units. As far as I can tell from the BCFS AFF site, these are not approved. Perhaps someone can clarify the BCFS policy on here for all to see. Thanks Newt.