Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Desperate Times?

I hope so you could plant charges and sink that asshat's boat?

haha, well im no demolitions expert... but i can imagine the conversations with all them hippies "so what do you do when you're not on the boat?" me:"drill for oil. " hippies:" :o ". i swear they think their boats run on good intentions.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re; planting charges.

Here's a little history refresher..........

The sinking of the Rainbow Warrior, codenamed Opération Satanique[1], was an operation by the "action" branch of the French foreign intelligence services, the Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure (DGSE), carried out on July 10, 1985. It aimed to sink the flagship of the Greenpeace fleet, the Rainbow Warrior in the port of Auckland, New Zealand, to prevent her from interfering in a nuclear test in Moruroa.

Fernando Pereira, a photographer, drowned on the sinking ship. Two French agents were arrested by the New Zealand Police on passport fraud and immigration charges. They were charged with arson, conspiracy to commit arson, willful damage, and murder. As part of a plea bargain, they pleaded guilty to manslaughter and were sentenced to ten years, of which they served just over two.

The scandal resulted in the resignation of the French Defence Minister Charles Hernu, and the subject remained controversial. It was twenty years afterwards that the personal responsibility of French President François Mitterrand was admitted.

Why are we chasing terrorists in Afghanistan when they are based and Government-sponsored a lot closer to home than that ???

You guys may not agree with the 'hippies' intentions, however planting charges is not an appropriate response.

Joking about it isn't much better.

well, i'll stop throwing fuel to the fire then... i just remember a few conversations with these activists, and them bragging of spiking trees. having familly in the logging industry, i formed some negative opinions of these activists. i guess my feelings should be directed at extremists of any branch, be it government, religious, or environmentalist.

It looks like our original Fly for Free pilot rescinded his/her add. Wonder if that's because they got an offer or so much flack?

However, if there's one there's another, just saw this today:

Will Fly for Food!

Yegads. I wonder if any of the CPs/OMs on this forum would consider hiring these freebies. Hope not, cause I haven't the stomach to follow.

Guest plumber
It looks like our original Fly for Free pilot rescinded his/her add. Wonder if that's because they got an offer or so much flack?

However, if there's one there's another, just saw this today:

Will Fly for Food!

Yegads. I wonder if any of the CPs/OMs on this forum would consider hiring these freebies. Hope not, cause I haven't the stomach to follow.

Can't blame the guy. Have you ever done plumbing for a living? If I had to quit flying I'd head right to the welfare office cause I aint going back plumbing.

Rules of plumbing:

1. Paydays on Friday

2. Shiz flows down hill

3. Don't ever stick your fingers in your mouth

4. Every arsehole is a potential customer

You guys may not agree with the 'hippies' intentions, however planting charges is not an appropriate response.

Joking about it isn't much better.

when it comes to Sea Shepard & Paul Watson, we'll just have to disagree. they ruin every noble mission they get involved in.

when it comes to Sea Shepard & Paul Watson, we'll just have to disagree. they ruin every noble mission they get involved in.

lol

I agree.

I am originally from Norway, a country with a rich tradition of whale hunting ( I know, not tha many left).

Anyways, the year I did my national service, I did service as a sonar man on one of the coast guard vessels, that had to protect the scientific whaling fleet from Paul Watson/Sea shepperd.

He actually RAMMED us, and later claimed we rammed him. He even made a documentary on it.

ANyways, big boat/small boat, guess who gets the worst damage.

So Mr. Watson (I refuse to give him the title Captain) decided to seek emergency harbour, and since we were going to go to the same port, a bunch of us decided to get the paint ready, to repaint the name from "Wales Forever" into the more appropriate norwegian term "Wales For Dinner". Unfortunately, he had to sail to the UK, since he was denied safe harbour, due to harassment...

Personally, he can go to ****, and I'd never work for him.

Cheers

W.

lolHow about the time he took his dressed for the City crew into the B.C. bush to protest the Wolf Cull. He never met a camera or a Co-ed He did not like. I think of him as Canada's Oral Roberts, "Please send me money and I will do good deeds"

I agree.

I am originally from Norway, a country with a rich tradition of whale hunting ( I know, not tha many left).

Anyways, the year I did my national service, I did service as a sonar man on one of the coast guard vessels, that had to protect the scientific whaling fleet from Paul Watson/Sea shepperd.

He actually RAMMED us, and later claimed we rammed him. He even made a documentary on it.

ANyways, big boat/small boat, guess who gets the worst damage.

So Mr. Watson (I refuse to give him the title Captain) decided to seek emergency harbour, and since we were going to go to the same port, a bunch of us decided to get the paint ready, to repaint the name from "Wales Forever" into the more appropriate norwegian term "Wales For Dinner". Unfortunately, he had to sail to the UK, since he was denied safe harbour, due to harassment...

Personally, he can go to ****, and I'd never work for him.

Cheers

W.

Can't blame the guy. Have you ever done plumbing for a living? If I had to quit flying I'd head right to the welfare office cause I aint going back plumbing.

Rules of plumbing:

1. Paydays on Friday

2. Shiz flows down hill

3. Don't ever stick your fingers in your mouth

4. Every arsehole is a potential customer

This may be true, but they are making more money right now then I will ever dream of making in the Helicopter industry. :-)

Koala