Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Texan Hog Cull

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what they are fighting in New Zealand at the moment,

And if you care to help them out and get it stopped then go to this link

http://www.doc.govt.nz/getting-involved/co...t/heli-hunting/

Scroll down to online feedback form.

TT

Thank you for providing the link. It's a relief to have an opportunity to hopefully stop this.

KILL THE HOGS!!!!!!!!! I would come do some hog killn **** I'd even bring my own gun.These animals are ferral they tear up farm land and destroy crops.sorry L3 I grew up on a farm shooting gophers and other varmits. I prefer 243 But a semi auto 223 is a awesome gun also.

Have you noticed what ferral long pigs (PEOPLE) are doing to the land/planet?

I have noticed what you call "long pigs " are doing, but I still maintain KILL THE HOGS.We as humans have introduced a lot of ferral animals to our habitat.We need to attemt to bring these populations back to a managable level. These animals tear up valuable land and destroy crops in Texas.

I have noticed what you call "long pigs " are doing, but I still maintain KILL THE HOGS.We as humans have introduced a lot of ferral animals to our habitat.We need to attemt to bring these populations back to a managable level. These animals tear up valuable land and destroy crops in Texas.

Apparently what you fail to fully comprehend (and take responsibility for), is that we are ferral animals. We have done no different. And on a global scale, we have done and are doing far far worse.

Your argument wreaks of hypocrisy.

Geez, who pissed in your tofu today? :P Name-calling (Long pig...really? I've never heard that term before) and accusations of hypocrisy do nothing to abate the problem that continues to grow in severity.

America’s wild pig population more than doubled in size and range in the past 20 years. Two decades ago, 500,000 to 2 million roamed the United States. Now the population is 2 million to 6 million. In 1982, they were documented in only 17 states.

Wildlife experts have said the hogs are increasingly running roughshod in rural areas, suburbs and even a few cities. They’re digging up cemeteries, gardens and lawns, causing car wrecks — and occasionally attacking people—causing an estimated $800 million in property and crop damage and 27,000 auto collisions annually.

Twelve states have so-called “transitional” or “emerging” populations including my own Colorado, where there aren't enough natural predators (bear, mountain lions) to provide a natural cull, where nature takes her course BECAUSE of the prolific breeding amongst these wild hogs. These aren't the cute little Arnolds from the ol' Green Acres series, mind you. Some of these wild hogs grow in excess of 500 pounds, with the nasty (razorback) temperament to match it. These are invasive species, introduced here (yes, by man!) as far back as the 1500s.

They will never be (nor do they need to be) totally eradicated, but c'mon...pointing fingers and playing the blame game ain't going to help. It's a man-made problem that calls for a man-made solution. The culls are needed and should be conducted as humanely as possible.

Just 2¢. Okay, maybe 8¢.

P.S. I love tofu! Yogurt, too! Even ham, on occasion! :D You don't want this problem in your back yard; trust me. ;)

Name calling? The term long pig has often been used to refer to our species. We have similar meat.

If you read, you will find my sentence: "Your argument wreaks of hypocrisy."

It's called debate. The argument is flawed. And self-righteous. Kind of like your attitude.

I'll dumb it down for you:

Taking a helicopter and shooting the shyte out of these pigs because they are in your back yard and are wreaking havoc on your land is unethical. Herd the things into a pen. Euthanize them ethically.

Forgive me in advance for not responding to any of your future responses, TQN.

And self-righteous. Kind of like your attitude...

I'll dumb it down for you...

Forgive me in advance for not responding to any of your future responses, TQN.

Pot, meet kettle. Let me dumb it down for y-o-u: PETA's calling. And finally, thank F for small miracles. :o I can only hope!

Pot, meet kettle. Let me dumb it down for y-o-u: PETA's calling. And finally, thank F for small miracles. :o I can only hope!

OHH my god!!!!

Here we go....I'll have the mud hot and ready for you two to jump in.

C'mon guy's! ridiculous!

HB i was just wondering if you like porc shops???.