Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I Phone Apps

b206

I have nothing to add about good apps at the moment, but while on the topic of Iphones, I am interested in one, yet I am leary of the packages available to the consumer for usage.

On average what are you guys paying a month?

I want one as there are many useful apps for my volunteer work, but i'm not wanting to go bankrupt paying telus or rogers...

I pay $56.00/month (taxes in) for mine. My plan is pretty basic; 150 or 200 minutes (can't remember which) evenings and weekends free, 500MB of data. The promotional deal at the time was free calling anywhere in Canada to your five favourite numbers. As I was a long-term Telus customer at the end of my previous contract, they also carried over my unlimited texting, caller ID and extra voicemails (this option would have cost me another $15 or something if I had to pay for it!). It's a great plan if you only call a handful of numbers.

I think most plans these days start at around $60 and include data.

now how many of you guys actually use the 6GB?

I was reading rogers site and they say 97% of the users barely make the 500MB.

I don't want to pay for something I'm not using, yet I don't want to always be keeping track to make sure I don't go over either.

I know my current phone plan with texts kills me if I go over. I was pissed that for an extra $5 a month I could have 3000 texts. Having gone over my previous plan and hit 1100 texts one month(double the 500) cost me an extra $99.

Fricken robbery. I can't imagine going over on your prescribed data would be any different. Might as well sign my house over to them.

now how many of you guys actually use the 6GB?

I was reading rogers site and they say 97% of the users barely make the 500MB.

I don't want to pay for something I'm not using, yet I don't want to always be keeping track to make sure I don't go over either.

I know my current phone plan with texts kills me if I go over. I was pissed that for an extra $5 a month I could have 3000 texts. Having gone over my previous plan and hit 1100 texts one month(double the 500) cost me an extra $99.

Fricken robbery. I can't imagine going over on your prescribed data would be any different. Might as well sign my house over to them.

use the app HeyTell it converts voice to data and back to voice, no need to be texting.

• 2 weeks later...