Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Probably A First For The R66

You may disagree all you like, Mike, but it won't change the fact that the Robbies were granted type certificates with a known set of defects that rendered the types demanding of considerably higher than normal flying skills for most ab initio students and a substantial proportion of low-time private helicopter pilots. If you're not personally familiar with the type, the statistics alone should provide the least prudent with sufficient cause for concern.

Known defects... The whole thing is defect! Its just a cheap way to buy into the market and drive insurance rates up! Its a forgone conclusion thata crash in a robinson is 9 time out of 10 fatal can't be said for a Mi8 or 206. Its my feeling that all modern helciopters should be built around "pilot survivability" big or small. Unfortunately Robinson would price its self out of the market if this was the case... Sure its great that anyone with 100k can go buy a R22 and fill it with gas and go. But to what end? Higher industry insurance rates as result of fatal crashes...

Plus these things just doesnt look right! Looks like a flying supository!

P5

• Like 1

You may disagree all you like, Mike, but it won't change the fact that the Robbies were granted type certificates with a known set of defects that rendered the types demanding of considerably higher than normal flying skills for most ab initio students and a substantial proportion of low-time private helicopter pilots. If you're not personally familiar with the type, the statistics alone should provide the least prudent with sufficient cause for concern.

Defects? Like mast bump? (like old UH-1s)

I still maintain that the FAA/Transport Canada/ EASA flight test PILOTS seemed ok with them.

I typed some other stuff but I deleted it. I really don't care that much..............

• Like 2

"Defects? Like mast bump? (like old UH-1s)"

All helicopters with semi ridged teetering rotor systems are susceptible to mast bumping if operated out of the published flight regimes, it is not a defect. Again you are spouting off about something you have no clue about. Stick to licking windows.

• Like 3

"Defects? Like mast bump? (like old UH-1s)"

All helicopters with semi ridged teetering rotor systems are susceptible to mast bumping if operated out of the published flight regimes, it is not a defect. Again you are spouting off about something you have no clue about. Stick to licking windows.

Then please enlighten me. What are these known defects that the authorities let go...and did not cover off in the RFM.....(and yes I know what mast bump is.

http://helicopterflight.net/sfar_73.htm

• Like 1

I see you are signing off with "*****" now, how appropriate.

Sorry. I forgot how dim you are....

I was in fact referring to YOU as a ********. It is meant in a derogatory fashion....or an insult if you will. I forgot that i was dealing with a 20 watt bulb here. My apologies for the confusion.

I'll make it easier for you

YOU ARE OF INFERIOR INTELLECT. I FIND YOU VERY UNPLEASANT. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ADDRESSING ME AS I FIND IT OFFENSIVE.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1