Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Probably A First For The R66

All this was written off the top of my head, so if any of you ole timers feel the need to correct me, feel free. I just might learn something.

Again ZAZU you go mixing wonderful facts with the crap usually found here. I commend you for pointing out very important information for all pilots but really - do you think anyone who posts here will understand?

Again ZAZU you go mixing wonderful facts with the crap usually found here. I commend you for pointing out very important information for all pilots but really - do you think anyone who posts here will understand?

Didn't know you were an ole timer there Jim !!!!

• Like 1

Oh He is old all right and sounding a little Bitter this week. A helicopter is a helicopter they all have their own issues. We learn them and avoid the flight envelope where the problems are. I cant wait to fly a R44 or a 66. fly it safe within the flight envelope and you will be fine we have proven that time and again. Mow down trees fly upside down and you will crash. It is a proven theory. Fly safe and fly smart

• Like 1

All true,ZAZU! the only point I am trying to make is that the Robinson Aircraft are not built with crash survivability, its built to be cheap with the bare minimum... Personally would not fly one, have in the past but would not return based purely in the design. I wonder when forestry will start using the 44 to fly around the sector boss??? It will out speed and out lift a 206.. ??? Afterall, or the R66 is a turbine.....

I dont think the R66 or 44 can even be compared to the 206. Its just not a commercial grade helicopter as far as I am concerned.

P5 :)

R22-44-66= Crap!

Merc49... Ya cant call a an opinion juvenille because it contravenes or opposes your opinion. Please refer to the Thesaurus and find another word that describes your frustration or opposition to an opinion. Try to stick to the subject matter and refrain from personal attack based opposition of an expressed opinion... :rolleyes:

Thanks

• Like 1

All true,ZAZU! the only point I am trying to make is that the Robinson Aircraft are not built with crash survivability, its built to be cheap with the bare minimum... Personally would not fly one, have in the past but would not return based purely in the design. I wonder when forestry will start using the 44 to fly around the sector boss??? It will out speed and out lift a 206.. ??? Afterall, or the R66 is a turbine.....

I dont think the R66 or 44 can even be compared to the 206. Its just not a commercial grade helicopter as far as I am concerned.

P5 :)

R22-44-66= Crap!

Merc49... Ya cant call a an opinion juvenille because it contravenes or opposes your opinion. Please refer to the Thesaurus and find another word that describes your frustration or opposition to an opinion. Try to stick to the subject matter and refrain from personal attack based opposition of an expressed opinion... :rolleyes:

Thanks

It sounds juvenile, because you keep repeating the same thing in every post. Just like an adolescent would when they try to get there point across. No new info, just repeating louder and louder until everyone agrees with him.

thats all.

what's all this about "designed for crash survival"?

Obviously there are varying shades of grey.....but the fact is, the aircraft is type certified. Transport Canada, FAA, EASA et al all seem to feel that the aircraft meets the regulations. (Is the R66 EASA certified yet?.....or Transport Canada for that matter....The was supposed to happen in June wasn't it?)

I've not examined the the type certificates for the R-22/44/66 aircraft. But as the 66 is a new type, it would mean that the cert basis would have to be pretty freaking recent. Cert basis for say a Jet Ranger is pretty old....so yeah....I'm sure there is room for improvement compared to a newer model. So IN THEORY, one could argue that the R66 meets stricter safety regs than a Jet Ranger.

And sticking with the R-66 for a moment, to obtain a type certificate, Robinson would have had to demonstrate compliance to the latest version of Ch. 527/ FAR27 etc...and TCCA/FAA/EASA etc. do not take these things lightly. So if it didn't comply, they wouldn't have certified it. The landing gear would have to hold up in a reserve energy landing demonstration......just like a 206, 407, A-star....etc etc.....

That being said of course......much in the same way that I'd rather be in a Chevy Tahoe than a Smart car in a collision, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel in one.

Anyone from Airborne with an opinion?