Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fires Around Kamloops

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought that was Capt. Sluggo...it was his crown that identifies him positively as one of the gods. :lol:  When is that weeener gonna have his grand aviation opening for the bar??? Or did I get accidently-on-purpose get left off the invite list and its already happened??? :shock:

I am thinking of starting a thread soon so we can organize our own opening. We don't need her to know we are coming. She might ban me before I even get there!!

The white 214 (white fuselage, dark tail) from Transwest passed through Golden today. Was that you Jim?

I'm busy with base work tomorrow, so tonights new rumor is that BCFS hired a 214 to take over the fire here....bucketing into a bladder at 7,500'.

3 days - 18 hours of that work was great, but time to go fly the little yogurt girls all day tomorrow. Hope they get brave enough to do the flashy thing this weekend ! :D

Here's a 4 engine Plank that showed up today to give us a hand....you can almost see the 2500 gal bladder up on the ridge ...just above the Electra, and the yellow water hose running down to the fire.

fire188-2.jpg

The white 214 (white fuselage, dark tail)  from Transwest passed through Golden today.  Was that you Jim? 

No! I'm stuck on this poor money making fire by Lytton. I gather that it is not good to be a good pilot and actually put out fires (don't fight fires because it means you are greedy and want to be paid well to do what others can't) so I am here on this non interface fire flying big hours without anyones house burning! Sorry guys!