Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

R-22 Training Crash

Ryan

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

Things are getting better. Put in 1.8 today and the pucker factor was only a 9.9. You are absolutely correct when you mentioned it is not a video game. Crashing on flight sim, while cheaper, doesn't even scratch the surface of what a real wreck does to man and machine. I am believing now that this will help me become a better pilot. In fact if it wasn't so **** dumb/dangerous/expensive I would recommend everyone try it.

On second thought... just take my word for it.

RW aka DR Crash

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work my man! Told you that hover looked great! Welcome to the world of the helicopter pilot my friend. Guess this means I owe you even more beer now. Keep it up amigo!

PS. I like the nick-name change to Phoenix. "Dr. Crash" is dead!

PPS. Ask Bob if there are any more momentos from HSC that I can add to my collection. The left seat's cyclic is lonely on my desk hehe.

You are right to think about terra firma when flying. Somebody once told me you should always try to stay in the middle of the air when flying. The edges of the air are generally populated by trees, buildings, water, earth/rock, interstellar space, etc, and flying there is always riskier. ;)