Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heliskiing

skidsup

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if your not going to use that lovely bird... may I? :o

Cole B)

Cole you got it. I love the 407 and would love to fly one all the time but in the summer I fly an OLD 204B for Delta. I am an old Alpine pilot who didn't want to heli-ski anymore. I don't do much in the winter anymore. The 407 belongs to Prairie Helicopters out of Gimili MB. Take care and fly safe Mate.

:D

Just wanted to poll the industry to compile a quick list of which companies are going to be doing heliskiing in BC this Winter. I am interested in expanding my horizons but don't have a medium endorsement yet so I'd like to know who'll be using lights/Astars and 407's. Additionally if anyone knows who might be 'looking' to add a pilot to their heliski rouster, please PM me.

Thanks

Hey there,

We might be looking for a contract guy for the winter to Heli-ski. We are looking for a full timer with ski experience but this is becoming a bit of a challenge.

If anyone might be interested in some heli-skiing in an A-star this winter call me. No guarantees at this point but we are getting close to that time!

If I wasnt a week away from being 16, and had a CHPL I might, but I will have to wait my turn

BC- mabey one of those ski pollishers that happens to have a licsence could giver a go? :shock:

Oh dont give me that look I was being sarcastic, Cole B)

• 4 weeks later...

I skied on the afternoon of Nov 12th with CMH Bobby Burns, snow conditions were OK. 130 Cm at treeline, good firm snowpack so far.

CMH has 2 operations going, just for Guide/Pilot training, but they are making tracks in the snow.

Great Canadian is training on the CHL B2's on Dec 13,

We're starting to move guests in to our Chatter Ck Cat Skiing customer on Dec 13th.

Purcell/Tasman should get a 212 moving any day now.

Weigle world should be up and running now.

Does anyone know why the basket is on the right side when it's mounted on a 350? I've been told it's so the pilot can see it but that doesn't make sense to me. I have flown many many hours with baskets on both sides and can't see any reason under the sun why it would be mounted on the right for skiing... unless hearing the "thump thump" as you run over the stakes with it is somehow reassuring...

HV

As was stated in another thread, some of us have a bit of trouble climbing in and over the basket (depending on the basket of course) so probably rather have me have a problem with it, than 'umteen skiers and guides over the season... :down:

Probably not the real reason, but a decent one. :lol:

I guess some baskets are a bit longer but the good ones are usually no problem... I'd like to have them on both sides just for doing DI's (utility baskets that is, not the really flimsy ones that are made out of recycled Coors-Lite cans)... What other thread was that you were referring to SU? I don't remember reading anything on that subject before.