Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Ems Pilots Certified

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet box and the other Frat boys here, clearly have some deep seated problems, its always amazing to meet persons who believe that nothing is wrong with anything . I suppose willfull blindness affects some!

A union is required, I can't wait for it to happen. I firmly believe at this point its not a question of if anymore but when!

:up:

h ;)

and it's also fair to say that there are types out there who think if it isn't to their liking, it isn't right. Some like to be on top, some like it standing, but to force someone, (as a union would) to follow someone elses lead is not right in my eyes, majority rules just doesn't cut it all the time.

If you could have a union where the pro union people fight for what they want, and let the rest of us make our own deals on our own terms, go for it, I'd support that. Oh but wait...that's already happening, those who love unions have an option, they could apply at CHL EMS...go for it, go to where your heart leads you, leave the rest of the industry alone.

It's interesting to read this thread. To those who whan to bash our process, know this, the VAST majority of our Pilots are NOT union types. What we ARE is fed up and frustrated with CHL EMS management... errr.. mismanagement is more accurate. Joining the OPEIU is our way to force improvements for everyone here. That's it, that's all. Go Negotiation Team!!! :up:

Grover, I would like to know what specific reasons you and you fellow pilots feel you had no other choice but to resort to joining the union. I assume working overseas makes it harder to resolve issues given the geographical restrictions. It's not like you can just pop in to the St-John's office and voice your concerns when you're working in Malaysia or Thailand or other.

This isn't a trick question by the way, a lot of us are curious to know what went wrong to the point where the union was the only alternative.

I think that conflicting issues are easier to resolve between employer/employee on the mainland, because first of all the geography isn't as restrictive and there are much more choices of operators we can turn to if things don't work out at our present place of employment.

I think this question has been asked earlier in this thread but has yet to be anwered, I can't imagine why, it's not like it should be a secret should it?

By the way, my earlier rant was clearly directed at some of the crackpots on this site, not necessarily at you fellows, although I'm still on the fence.

Please enlighten us!

Jet box and the other Frat boys here, clearly have some deep seated problems...

I wonder just what you think the "deep seated problems" are. As I said before, I have been in this industry for over 30 years, always have had work, and never have been fired, terminated, let go, moved on, or anything else by an employer.

In those 30+ years I have worked for 8 companies, never left anyone in the busy season, always tried to do my best for both the customer and the company. I firmly believe that I could return and go to work for any of them, that are still in business.

So I guess I've had my head in the sand for a long time, or have the ability to either work with whatever/whoever I come across, or move on.

Am I anything special? Those who know me on this forum will assure you that I am not. But I have always tried to improve my ability in wrenching, flying, customer relations, and as a company representive. I would look back and say that paid off, at least for me.

If a union makes everyone else’s life better, fill your boots. Just don't expect me to get on board, and don't expect me to change my position to follow the opinions of others.

Can things be better with a union? Probably are some things that will/could improve. But it's not going to fix all the problems, or make all employers/companies perfect.

Soon everything will settle down to the lowest common denominator, and I don't see that as an improvement.

Fact of Life...sometimes good people end up in less than ideal circumstances. Family, etc. can have a huge impact on employment options, and sometimes you choose to take a job with, or remain with, an employer that may be less than ideal for you to maintain/improve your life outside of work. It is a choice many of us at CHL-EMS have made. This does not mean we have to suck it up and live with it. The union route offered opportunity for change after upper management was unwilling to respond to our concerns. We are simply trying to improve our conditions. Sometimes it is better to put up a fight than uproot your family and move to another company.

Life isn't always as easy as 'if you don't like it, leave'.