Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Ems Pilots Certified

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you're not sharing even a generalization of the problems then don't expect support or understanding from those on the sidelines.

as well, the rest of the industry won't see the gains or losses and will therefore be hesitant to join any union because of the uncertainty. for all we know at this point you guys could be negotiating bathroom breaks.

we will just sit back and watch i guess.

It is amazing that some cannot understand the benefits of

unionization. Keep in mind that I am not a helicopter pilot

although I used them for over thirty years. Believe me when

I tell you that I have just about seen it all when it comes

this particular branch of aviation.

There are numerous collective agreements published on the Net.

Reading them will give you a good idea of the reasons why unions

form.

Young pilots should welcome these developments. CHC will almost

certainly be hiring more pilots as they will no longer be able to

take advantage of the ones they have.

By the way Jetbox, it was most amusing watching your head explode.

I am a tired old man and your insults are wasted on me. I was tempted

to retaliate but the arthritis in my shoulders is so bad that it

prevents me from raising my cane high enough to deliver a meaningful

blow. I wish I knew who you are. I certainly don't want my grandson

working for the same outfit you do.

[

My what sweeping generalizations. Unions only for losers and f***ups eh Yeah we know...We don't need no stinkin' unions..!

All those Air Canada losers and F***ups would be surprised of how they're thought of..ditto for the guys at PHI, Bristol, CHC Europe!

Jetbox...and other rabid anti-unionists...cool it. Your frothing responses to this and many other issues are why so many others in the industry don't bother with this forum.

In my 16yrs ( I know...just a lowtimer eh) in this industry, I've encountered lotsa operators that spend a lot of time in the grey. But, Jetbox, I'm happy you've only had positive experiences. Consider yourself lucky but I wouldn't flatter myself so much.

As far as griefs go..I certainly won't divulge issues dealing with our organization. We're dealing with it and union is one option being examined. ( I know...whadda bunch a losers eh?!)

Now there is sufficient numbers of companies that are unionized to provide a pretty good sample of how they've done. So far, I can't think of any helicopter employees who have chosen to de-certify a union.

Let alone all the fixed wing operators .

Kudos to John Moore..who ever you are. Nice read!

To denigrate the experiences of others or to call them 'losers' and F***ups only leads to doubt as to how you ever managed 17yrs in any industry. Let alone this one.

How interesting to read the responses to this anouncement. Quite frankly, when an overwhelming majority of a group of educated and informed individuals, choose to collectively unite and form a union, it is THEIR business! Who gives a rats *** for what the rest of "the Industry" thinks... it doesn't concern you directly. You are satisfied with the arrangements you have, then enjoy it. The CHL EMS pilots (NOT CHC GLOBAL for those of you who don't know the difference) have finally accomplished their goal of One Voice and they do not have to answer to anyone but their own membership.

Regards 212dude

I disagree, TwinPac.

JetBox should be allowed to express himself as forcefully as he wishes as long as he doesn't cross the the limits of the law and the website.

If people get upset and take their helicopter and go home maybe they don't really have any conviction in their opinions.

I disagree, TwinPac.

>>>JetBox should be allowed to express himself as forcefully as he wishes as long as he doesn't cross the the limits of the law and the website<<<.

I think one can get thier point across in a clear manner without resorting to calling others "F***ups" and 'Losers". Belittling others for having an opinion doesn't add to the debate and only lessens the impact. :down:

There are some very very competent people with many years in the industry are watching this developement very closely. Many of those same people are working within a collective agreement themselves. And they are not "F***ups" or "losers'

>>>>>The CHL EMS pilots (NOT CHC GLOBAL for those of you who don't know the difference) have finally accomplished their goal of One Voice and they do not have to answer to anyone but their own membership<<<<

Absolutly.