Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discovery Channel Fairytale

Guest BeeBee

Actually, the EC120 will not outlift a 206L.

In a crosswind, it does hover with more control than a 206B.

Customer support from ECL has been fantastic.

If you order one today, you will have to wait until almost 2011 to get it. (ECL is only allocated 4 per year!)

If I wanted to buy a 206B today, and offer my customers 40 year old technology, it would cost about $400K and there are a lot available. - A new 120 is running about 1.5 million.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd buy 4 Jetrangers and make 5X the money that you would on your 1.5M investment ! Simple business :punk:

Of course, I can't even afford a double-double at Timmies, so no chance of putting my master plan into action :shock:

Interesting what you say about the 4 deliveries/year. That's a bit of a limitation to the EC canada sales team??.

I'd buy 4 Jetrangers and make 5X the money that you would on your 1.5M investment ! Simple business

Of course, I can't even afford a double-double at Timmies, so no chance of putting my master plan into action

That's not necessarlily true. Our EC120's fly twice what our Jetrangers were flying when we replaced them. You can buy two clapped out Jetrangers for the price of one new EC120 but if they fly half what your 120 would, your revenue is the same but your expenses are twice as much. Simple business! Go ahead and buy your 4 jetrangers.

Once you show your customers that the 120 can do 25% more work, faster, safer and for the same operating cost as a Jetranger, it's an easy sell and ensures you have an edge over your Jetranger competition. The lack of power issues are only felt at altitude or in very hot weather. Of course the 120 is not the answer for all markets and all customers but neither is the Jetranger.

There will always be close minded operators that can't see beyond the initial purchase price barrier and customers that can't see the benefit of joining the 21st century. This will assure the longevity of the veteran and well respected Bell Jetranger. Lucky for us, some of those operators are in our own back yard, ensuring we don't have to worry about other EC120's competing with us for a while.

If you don't like the 120, please don't buy it, and let those of us who think outside the box successfully operate and enjoy them.

By the way, Bell's support is no better than Eurocopter's these days.

helidude,

"By the way, Bell's support is no better than Eurocopter's these days."

Great news. Design and manufacture a top notch product, then throw in some excellent aftermarket support and you've achieved the pinnacle of success.

Actually, the EC120 will not outlift a 206L.

In a crosswind, it does hover with more control than a 206B.

Customer support from ECL has been fantastic.

If you order one today, you will have to wait until almost 2011 to get it. (ECL is only allocated 4 per year!)

If I wanted to buy a 206B today, and offer my customers 40 year old technology, it would cost about $400K and there are a lot available. - A new 120 is running about 1.5 million.

the allocation of 4 per year you are eluding to is a little off base. check the delivery numbers and you'll immediately see.

the problem lies is supply, so many are being sold worldwide that current production is at a maximum. everyone is ramping up to meet that demand. But then the raw materials crunch comes into play and you're screwed again....everyone feels the pinch as far as raw materials goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The oldest a/c that I personally flew with OKie, many years later, was CF-OKN and I believe her s/n was 65. and she had an E/W at that time of around 1,525lbs.

Good questions guys and made me test the 'memory cells'.

** Just an add-on that might interest some that don't date back that far............the 206 M/R blades back then, only had the outer trim tabs on the blades and the inner trim jabs didn't exist.

OKN March 1977 New Quebec Territories

post-33-1208120950_thumb.jpg