• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

viper

That may indicate that Bell may build an aircraft that would be built in N. A. and have some nice qualities. Who knows, maybe it will be a winner. Had my hopes up with 120 but is a little underpowered in hot and high. Need an EC120B 2 version, then watch out. B)

Hopefully when the folks get back from the big smoke they'll be able to fill us in on the real goods, **** wish I was going, but would get kicked out for getting all the windows dirty :blink: . Be nice if it is not it the mockup and see who likes it phase.

sc :up:

Viper1 your info is spot on. Friends at Bell were telling me they took it as a trade in on a new aircraft and decided to do some very detailed looky looky at it. Its the same as what the chinese did with the AS350, and hey presto they came up with the Z-11 (even though it looks nearly identical).

Look at the Indians with the DHRUV, looks very very similar to the BK117 doesnt it :rolleyes:

Bell have some good things in the works and time will tell.

Heli Ops

• 2 weeks later...

As a strong Bell supporter, I have to say how dissapointed I was with their presence at HAI. I came down to kick some skids/wheels and found....

2 - 407's

1-412

and 1 partial - 427i mock-up in their booth ! and a very poor 427i medical mockup in the static display area.

Agusta/Bell did have the AB139 there.

There were a scattering of 206B3's, a 430, a police 407, and an L3 plus several modified 205's (including the PT-6 variant) around other booths, but it was a poor showing by Bell.

I'm sorry to say that EC kicked their a$$ as far as displays :down: