Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Global Helicopter Pilots Unionize

Folks

Here is the link to the GPHA. http://ghpa.ca/ :up:

I think that our dedicated HEPAC crew could gain some insight on how to approach the problem, maybe not exactly in the same way as it's a different senario.

Read the constitution, and other documents extremely well put together.

Love the part " what CHC doesn't want you to know" laughed for several minutes

Here is a quote for one of the articles, No arguments from this guy-

"In 2005, the World Wide Web offered a solution through an Internet forum, called “Onevoice,” a cyberspace meeting place to share ideas. Much like PPrune, the CHC forum allowed complete anonymity, but with that came vociferous opinions, unverified information (rumours), personal attacks and threads that became a cat and mouse game of trying to guess who was using handles like “mastbumper”, “nrdroop”, and “contrarianlemming.”

It soon became obvious that management had infiltrated the forum and Onevoice disappeared, only to be resurrected a few months later with stricter membership controls. Now the forum moderator (who to this day remains anonymous) required a sign-in process to verify that only CHC employees were signed on and not part of management. Participants had the choice to use their real name or create an anonymous username. Not many identified themselves—the paranoia and oppressive culture created by management, and the Canadian helicopter industry as a whole, was deeply ingrained in all the pilots."

Good job!!!

HF

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder to the people providing comments on this thread that are not CHC global pilots.

The background of most CHC drivers from Canada that I've worked with and met include but is not limited to the following. Heli-ski pilots, drill pilots, seismic pilots, fire fighting pilots, pool pilots, base pilots, base managers, chief pilots and instructor pilots. I and most if not all of the Canadian pilots I've been exposed to enjoyed the vfr portion of their careers.

Fly safe.

Complete delusion on your part despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary TTF.

Do you suppose that persons who are faced with militant management and an oppressive culture are going to speak up or tow the line in the face of job loss. The same fear although different in its extreme can be seen in victims of spousal abuse who will do nothing for fear of shame or embarrasement or reprisal.

'

The only thing I can say is speak up, do not be afraid.

I will always speak up, I have balls, if you don't have any balls grow some!!

HF

Hi John,

You're being an ***.

I've never been fired or laid off. I do not care much about management and they don't care much about me.

Good luck finding happiness. Life is too short to waste it!

ttf

Complete delusion on your part despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary TTF.

Do you suppose that persons who are faced with militant management and an oppressive culture are going to speak up or tow the line in the face of job loss. The same fear although different in its extreme can be seen in victims of spousal abuse who will do nothing for fear of shame or embarrasement or reprisal.

'

The only thing I can say is speak up, do not be afraid.

I will always speak up, I have balls, if you don't have any balls grow some!!

HF

Hmmm, lets see.........what subjects usually cause the biggest differences of opinions and the most passionate arguements. :huh:

They would be.......religion, politics, and of course unions :rolleyes:

Kind of interesting to see CHC finally see a union after this many years after I left in 86. The Okie days had as many discussions and a few failed tries of organizing one.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds over time.

One thing for certain.....it may help the flight crews in there endevour to improve the things they feel, need be addressed, but then again CHC will find other ways counter what they feel will be unreasonable.

Good luck to both sides........the fighting shall continue no matter if a union is present or not! :)

Actually....it could escalate into an all out war !!!?? :o

Hmmm, lets see.........what subjects usually cause the biggest differences of opinions and the most passionate arguements. :huh:

Kind of interesting to see CHC finally see a union after this many years after I left in 86. The Okie days had as many discussions and a few failed tries of organizing one.

One thing for certain.....it may help the flight crews in there endevour to improve the things they feel, need be addressed, but then again CHC will find other ways counter what they feel will be unreasonable.

Good luck to both sides........the fighting shall continue no matter if a union is present or not! :)

All I hope for is that management will start eating there young!

HF

Helilog, I think unions fall inside the "politics" category (and "religion" to some) ... & you forgot abortion... and, well, in SOME circles, banana smoothies are viciously fought over :D

Darn... I was hoping the fighting would be over me. So much for the ball... I guess it's back to painting fatigues for this Cinderella...

:rolleyes::lol:

HF

Just like to point out that TTF is correct. I have over 25 years in the industry, at least 10 years and over 4000 hours of "bush" flying under my belt, and most of the guys I fly with at CHC are in pretty much the same boat.