Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Global Helicopter Pilots Unionize

Sure she has the right,I am just asking her to not express pertinent opinions in a matter that does not concern her personally in any way,shape or form.My ex was an actress and I did not dare to make artistic judgements or sugest the way her and those like her should carry themselves or make sugestions about how they should conduct their affairs.Just a sugesion.Back to the given subject...If was not for the unions in general there would be no minimum wage limit in this country or anywhere else.Right now I know people that work for about 7$ an hour(if you divide the hours worked to theyr salary)I firmly believe that if there was no such legal limit,many employers(not only from this industry) would pay less than that.Corporations are in bussines to make money and will use all means to achieve that.No one blaims that.We just got to be able to counter injust actions when and if they occur.

Alpha Dog, last time I looked this is a public forum, which means you, me, and everyone else has a right to express their opinion on here. If HB, or anyone else has a comment on any topic, it is welcome, and unless your a moderator, you should keep your censoring ways to yourself.

Also, try using a spell check, it might increase your credibility some.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha Dog, last time I looked this is a public forum, which means you, me, and everyone else has a right to express their opinion on here. If HB, or anyone else has a comment on any topic, it is welcome, and unless your a moderator, you should keep your censoring ways to yourself.

Also, try using a spell check, it might increase your credibility some.

gwk,you should keep your censorig ways to yourself also.She can expess her opinion ,I ll just let her know if her input has no relevance to the issue @ hand.I am not woried about my credibility,and if this discution and some of the opinions expessed are not up to what you believe in ,tough luck!If you try to shot down the tread because it makes you unconfortable or because it is questioning the status quo ,tough luck again.It will prouve once more that bully ways are the chosen ways.If you are just trying to be one that takes the side of the girl just to be the hero,do not worry about it,she is smart and witty enough to take care of her self.I am not sure you are a moderator or not ,but if you are let the tread follw its course without interferance.Nothing obscene or ilegal has been said.If you are not a moderator ,than comment on the issue .Point taken on the spell check.

Alpha Dog,

No, I am not a moderator, I can hardly spell it.

I am simply stating that you have no right to say who can or can not comment about any subject on this forum, regardless of relevance, as it is a public forum.

I am not a bully, just stating that in my opinion you over stepped the line.

Personally, I am enjoying this discusion, and I hope it continues, as it was getting pretty quiet on here, so, no, I am not trying to shut it or you down.

As far as taking HB,s side because she is a woman, no, she,s tough enough to fight her own battles and does not need me to come to her rescue.

Cheers.

Well said L3.

The industry is in a period of negative growth not seen in a very long time and regulation may be a viable way to bring some stability back (if stability is really ever to be found anywhere in the Canadian helicopter industry) If things don't change soon, we will see more layoffs and companies downsizing to offset the current lack of work in many sectors of the industry. Myself, I don't believe a union will work in a VFR casual charter type operation however regulation could definately bring a better level of professionalism to a traditionally "shoot from the hip" business. Maybe somebody should mention this to the HAC...

I'm not much of a union man, however they do make some play by the rules. I believe that a union is only as bad as the people they represent, so if they were good people to begin with then I think the employer will have no problems. As far as Canada Post goes the only way to make yourself safe is to be a union steward, but then you must protect not only yourself but represent the dirt holes that make the union bad. I have had plenty of experience with the B.S. that makes up the post in Canada.

My two cents

Alpha Dog,

No, I am not a moderator, I can hardly spell it.

I am simply stating that you have no right to say who can or can not comment about any subject on this forum, regardless of relevance, as it is a public forum.

I am not a bully, just stating that in my opinion you over stepped the line.

Personally, I am enjoying this discusion, and I hope it continues, as it was getting pretty quiet on here, so, no, I am not trying to shut it or you down.

As far as taking HB,s side because she is a woman, no, she,s tough enough to fight her own battles and does not need me to come to her rescue.

Cheers.

gwk,you are right,maybe I have stepped over the line and I am sorry.HB,I am sorry!Now,back to the issue.Non revenue flihts...Do you guys feel that your 8 hours ferry flight to a job site north of nowhere loaded with fuel,ops gear,sleepy engineer etc should be a freebie for the company?After all,you fly the machine to the location so it can make money on a 40-50 hours contract.If the customer does not pay for the ferry,that does not make your work worth less.I believe that the onus stands with the employer to pay for ALL of your flight time.By the way,how many times do we know for sure if the ferry time is revenue time or not?If you f@#k up during that flight,responsability for the above mentioned action will be yours,so I do not see why you should get no pay for your liability.If you are a truck driver driving muffins from point A to point B for Muffin INC.,I believe you will get your money for your driving regardless if the truck is empty or full.Right?

More examples of the same...promotional tours,friends of management or owners,flights that the company volunteered services for(sure I will fly for free for the brest cancer foundation but this is one isolated example of a good deed that would be worth some free flying).This is the kind of issues that a union can adress with success.And this are the times when a guy feels like the company sugests that "You like it or not..."or "Be grateful that I let you fly my machine..".How abot paying for your own travel to and from where the company is located,and all the while you are on shift pay for your own food and lodging.If not, you are stuck sleeping in crew houses full of moskitoes, waiting in line for the stove so you can eat quick and go fix the toilet cause is overflowing periodically.And this will be considered perks.Oh yeah,no tax free 45 bucks a day because you will be to expensive and 100 other pilots are in line to take your job.And this in good times and bad times.