Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Icefield Helicopter Tours

Guest sharky

I'm Quite sure that anyone who works with Icefeild has a difficult Decision to make.

If you can afford it, go for it!

The option might be to pound around on the ground untill your in the Right Place at the Right Time for 4 years.

How Many Low Timers has YOUR Company given a Shot?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest bag swinnger
How Many Low Timers has YOUR Company given a Shot?

well...... we have three, one hundred hour pilots on so far this year with one flying.

oh and all of them are gettin paid pretty good too! with some good perks, oh and benifits as well. so if your looking at icefield I would keep looking.

Guest bag swinnger

Anyway I did not post that info to impress any one, I posted it to impress upon you that there are lots of good companies out there and no one should settle for crap like that. I did not settle for it when I had a hundred hours and was asked to relocate to alberta where I would have to pay for a 500 endorsement (when I already had a 206 endorsement), set up a limited company and work contract so that the employer could cut corners. sign a confidentiality agreement, in wich only served to protect the employer, and some other stuff that I won't mention here. six weeks working there and I opted out. two other guys said yes and were flying a year before I and they pretty much had to go to **** and back on the way there! one of whom had such a bad taste of the buissness while he was there wishes he never even heard of helicopters to this day. I know its hard out there but no one should have to sell there soul to get going in this buissness.

So as we use to say in racing "speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go?"