Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Icefield Helicopter Tours

Guest sharky

Wow, all this talk about crappy operators has really got me heated up. I should be out of the bush in a few weeks. After my hangover goes away, lets form an angry posse and travel around ridding this industry of "bottom feeders". We'll use torches and carry pitchforks and shovels. Who's with me. We can call ourselves the Heli-Hellraisers. When we're done, and if we aren't too tired we can even hunt down a few of those evil consultants who are making it so tough for the low timers to find work. I call dibs on one of them. I had the misfortune of flying one around a couple of years ago. Idiot.

On a more serious note. I charished my time on the ground working for a good company and a good person. I learned a valuable amount of information that I've carried with me into my carreer. Best of luck to everyone this summer.

DON'T BE A SLAVE

SM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jet box allready beat me to it but it should be repeated, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

And yes shaggy the biggest a-hole in the buisness, the MD operator in Bonneville most certainly has and will continue to get his share.

I find it interesting that after repeated incidents, as recent as last heli ski season that there are still operators willing to lease out machines to this character from cline river, such as the B2 with a few hundred hours on it that he just balled up. whats that gonna cost the owner and was it worth the risk? and who's next?

It sure would please me to know the person in question was frequenting these forums and could see what his peers thought of his buisneess practices and so on.

I for one am glad that there is a media such as "CAaviation" in which future low timers can stumble across this thread and see that the majority of us in the industry would advise against having anything to do with these types of operators. For this I am gratefull!

Sounds like fun. :up:

Would we have "Team" jackets?

Can we attack at dawn and ride off into the sunset?

Who will play Marlon Brando's part?

How about a hooker with a heart of gold.

We'll need a wide eyed new guy and some bitter and twisted old dudes.

Can we have a smoke beltching 206 on leaky bags? It should be held together with gum and baling wire? Crazed plexiglass and a really crazed pilot.

I see a TV mini series. Who should we have produce? We should hold out for "creative control"

I would like to apply in the following category "We'll need a wide eyed new guy and some bitter and twisted old dudes"

LOL! :up:

I'm glad you volonteered for the "bitter and twisted old dude" part! :lol:

I was about to nominate you for that role! :lol::lol:

Glad to see you still have a sense of humor under that crusty exterior!! :up:

Pulling Pitch. Watch that guy. It is wrong that he is paying you nothing. He is a bad example. Unfortunately Ice field helicopters is not some one to idolize. It makes you wonder what other scams he is pulling. You will grow bitter to this individual. Unfortunately this is not the only company that takes advantage of low time pilots. Any low time guys, watch out for any company that wants you to pay for your own endorsement or who wants you to sign a long term contract. There is a reason that they can not keep any employees.