Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

STARS

16 hours ago, mohave green said:

I know a guy that worked at STARS.  He says if you are entry level pilot, you will take a 50 to 60 percent pay cut from the VFR world and you will be at that rate of pay for 5-8 years. He says STARS is an ex-military old boys club and and as a civilian guy you are treated as  s**t on a stick by them.  If you are going to spend the money on an IFR ticket, go to work for someone like Cougar or Heli-jet and get some real IFR experience. It will serve you better for the future.

I've seen those same military guys on utility jobs and they have no room to criticize anybody when it comes to flying.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Winnie said:

I can tell you that at Ornge and Custom/TraumaFlight you will not run into those problems. If you have a level head and some experience, you'll upgrade as soon as you can qualify. And the new payscale starting is not bad. Over 100K for FO.

Has there been an additional change since the 1 Jan 2023 numbers I am seeing on their website?

FO 75000 - 83000

Captain 102000 - 122000

Big props on their website and their transparency though, beautiful recruitment page and if every operator were as transparent we would all be better informed. Ornge - Recruitment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mcguire said:

Has there been an additional change since the 1 Jan 2023 numbers I am seeing on their website?

FO 75000 - 83000

Captain 102000 - 122000

Big props on their website and their transparency though, beautiful recruitment page and if every operator were as transparent we would all be better informed. Ornge - Recruitment

yes, there has been additional monies awarded recently. there is a quality of life addition which brings the pay up substantially. I think about 17% or so.

Cheers

W

12 hours ago, Winnie said:

yes, there has been additional monies awarded recently. there is a quality of life addition which brings the pay up substantially. I think about 17% or so.

Cheers

W

So that's 17% on top of the 102-122k posted above for captains?

• Like 1