Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chick Pilots

hurler

Concurent with another thread I did notice that there are 115 female pilots in Canada,how many that are active is unknown. (Just out of curiousity if a guy decides on a life altering change is she then considered into this 115 or is it when the licence is issued. :shock: )

More on the topic I have heard women make better pilots because there is no tostesteron to deal with.. could this be true?? I wonder what the accident stats say proportionally to the number of pilots. ??

The one thing I do know is that they should all be ugly because very recently I landed to the sight of a blond bombshell stepping out of a ASTAR and the distraction almost forced a hard landing. :shock:

I know that some operators even prefer female pilots..

H

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought H.......i have worked with many female pilots over the years, and always looked upon them equally......... but i will say, "yes", they seem to have a more mature and professional approach to how they work within the industry....... lack of testosterone? Perhaps?

I for one would like to see more entering the heli industry, both in the flying and wrenching side...... :up:

Hello Everyone,

First post here in Vertical. I have to say that watching the conversations in the various forums has been a wonderful experience thus far.

Well on to my post (and speaking of female pilots).

Does anyone have a friend on the DEA side (preferably in the Southeast US)? If any of you saw the IMAX (converted to DVD) Straight Up: Helicopters in Action movie, there was a behind the scenes section. After watching it end to end, there was an interview with a Blackhawk pilot for the DEA by the name of K. Kessel. So funny because she and I were at Embry Riddle in the same dorm (10+ years ago). I know those folks like to remain stealthy, but I thought I would touch base.

Thanks for a great forum! I look forward to posting more.

Take care my new friends.

i have worked along side a number of female pilots both in the ifr world (helijet) and the bush. haven't really seen anything worth complaining about that a man couldn't do better ;)

i hope i don't need to explain that pun ;)

as far as that "life altering" thing mentioned i can only say, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY.....DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

:punk: :punk: :punk:

Hello mountainflier, welcome to the board.

Last season, I had the pleasure to be working in the same area as one of Remotes female pilots (K). She could drive an Astar pretty good far as I could tell, plus she was very professional and friendly. She also has the best Hind Sight I've ever seen on a pilot :P