Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Bird Would You Like To See More...

ANYTHING BELL!!!! :punk: :up: B) :up:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitch,

I see you are a man that likes the finer things in life, EC225!

The snap of the one taxi was taken in Norway last summer while the aircraft was there conducting CAT A trials for the Norwegian authorities......a very sweet ride.....!!!!!!!! :prop:

The other snaps stolen off the Eurocopter web site, it has a beautiful and well laid out front end.

post-15-1164843939_thumb.jpg

post-15-1164844019_thumb.jpg

post-15-1164844277_thumb.jpg

I think that Transport will soon realize how important it is to have a bigger selection of aircraft available for operators as some of the "unusual" aircraft start to appear in Canadian skies.

Here's a couple of number found on the database of Transport Canada:

There is at the moment in the Canadian skies (registered & without counting military):

-R22: 139

-R44: 207

-Bell 47: 40

-Bell 204: 26

-Bell 205: 56

-Bell 206L: 191

-Bell 206: 475

-Bell 212: 87

-Bell 222: 3

-Bell 407: 43

-Bell 412: 9

-Bell 427: 4

-Bk 117: 5

-BO 105: 14

-AS 315: 6

-AS 350: 332

-AS 355: 19

-AS 332: 3

-EC 120: 29

-EC 130: 3

-EC 155: 1

-H 500: 11

-H 369: 104

-H 269: 79

-S61: 20

-S64: 3

-S76: 28

-S92: 3

-A 109: 3

-A 119: 3

-AB 139: 1

-Ka 32: 2

-Mil Mi26: 1

Might be interesting for some of you guys, and personally I wish some of these number will be higher soon.

A-Star Leader

"RUMOR" has it that transport doesn't like the cyclic and collective control cables running up the center spar in the windshield -- bird strikes you know :o

don't know how eurocopter will get around that ?????? (135/145)

transport canada doesn't like alot of things, but why does the rest of the world accept them? I believe we could find the answer to world hunger before we ever figure that one out.

"RUMOR" has it that transport doesn't like the cyclic and collective control cables running up the center spar in the windshield -- bird strikes you know :o

don't know how eurocopter will get around that ?????? (135/145)

Just to clarify too, the 135 does not have any control cables running up the spar in the windshield. The 145 does however.

The spar though, is a structural part of the roll cage made out of carbon fibre. My question to that is, if you're so worried about a bird strike, why are we not protecting the pitch links on any helicopter between the swashplates and rotor head? They are all exposed with absolutely no carbon fibre structural spars.