Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Seismic For Sale.

:shock: 407,thought that was my job :(:P . As for french influnce at Skyline, NEVER ever in a million years. It's bad enough that we got's one of them french plastic pieces of shite in our hanger to begin with, ******* things made out of car parts. Long live the Republic of Alberta, doooh wrong forum again ;) . Rumor I heard was Alpine was buying Skyline :lol::lol: . Wait a secound that's not funny :huh: .

As for the Torngats, was there 95-97 flying helicopters and a beaver on floats, Scary :( . I have never been in the mountains 0/0 in fog and the wind is still blowing 50 kts, that's the Torngats. Those Universal boy's are some of the best I've seen, that includes are western counterparts. Besides they sure know how to party :up: Great people over there. As for Heli-Skiing in the Torngats ,96 was the year, took the boy's from camp up the hill behind "Ugly Camp". Best tracks of the year all 800 ft of it. Had to get the Skiing fix in some how :up: .

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see such interest in the well being of the west. Anyway the latest is that the chief pilot at Mustang has left. Only because no one could put up with him. Some of the AES machinery is still grounded because of the state it arrived in and just about all of the original Mustang crew has left the building. I wonder who is next on the hit list.

Big Duke,

You say you were there in 94 97 and you mention Ugly, did you happen to be workin for Castle Rock out of Ugly Lake.

If not, for whom were you drivin, was there myself racing around in a shiny new 407 for Universal at that time.

RDM, you bet was flying for Castle Rock 95-97, and yes I do remember that nice new 407 even got a ride in it with one of the old fellers from Goose. The outfit I was flying for was out of Vancouver, pretty scetchy outfit but times were tough :( . Still to this day one of the best experiences of my life. Dwight and the boys were like family, same with Jeff & the Universal boys, for a poor white boy from outwest I've never been treated so well. The people of Labrador are fantastic. And a peice of advise for anyone looking for some real flying, Labrador is one of the most beautiful and unforgiving places in the world, I would go back there in a heart beat, even now :up: . Ugly was just north of Webb bay if I remember right. I remember longlineing garbage into Nain, and how envious I was of CTD's 212 :D .

Interesting news pitch link regarding the Chief Pilot leaving MHI. Or was he forced to leave? I understand he was a little........well, different. Wonder who the next Chief Pilot will be? An import from the east as was the case with the DOM or someone from within the current skeletal group. All of the original guys are gone......least the ones that started it all prior to the new hanger being built. Or so I've been told.

With the high turn over in staff the Mustang appears to employ people who do not hold departmental goodwill values within the employee group. Instead management appears to focus on the here and now and totally disregard nurturing growth of co-worker relationships. There was a great group there from the beginning......

What's the hold up getting the inherited AES aircraft up and running? If I recall the previous postings they were grounded sometime ago.

Anyone know?

"With the high turn over in staff the Mustang appears to employ people who do not hold departmental goodwill values within the employee group. Instead management appears to focus on the here and now and totally disregard nurturing growth of co-worker relationships."

uuuhhhh, isn't that called CONTRACT????? :mellow::mellow:

;)

Yup 412D, you're right, as I understand it, almost all the drivers were contract except for the CP, not sure about the engineers..... even during the summer fires the fellas were pretty unsure if they were going to be working once the fires were put out, and they were looking elsewhere - not because they were unhappy (at least not then), just that they were contract.......

One can still have a little pride in his work 412 driver contract or not, it's a very small industry and word can get around very quickly of one's attitude. I had a phone interview last week and the interviewer rep remembered me from some 23 years ago and I could not even recall his name..........also there is a litttle thing called Transport Canada, the fines are pretty stiff these day and with a shortage of people they are loking for ways to generate $$$.

jeepers...now i know how downwash feels....... :(

guys, i did not imply in any way that one should not take pride in their work or that they should not do the best job possible!

what i meant was that when it comes to contract flying, i expect the top dollar for my services and i'll provide top service. but that's it. i do NOT condone anything illegal whatsoever nor would i stand for it.

when i started out my first boss told me that if i was ever uncomfortable doing something that i must refuse the flight and that he would stand behind me all the way.

but on the other side he also told me that if i did something illegal that resulted in damage to the a/c or injuries to pax then he would be the first to crucify me. fair words.

i guess what i'm saying is that when i'm on contract it means show me the money

and i agree about the attitude issue 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

412driver