Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilots

Heli500

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops !

When I opened this door, I felt like the last time I was a little drunk and walked into the ladies room by mistake. All these frustrated chicks b!tching and whining about their man... :blur:

Gonna go hide in the boss' office and lock the door now... :lol::lol::lol:

The next time I see an Engineer spending 800hrs a year at the wrong end of a long line, maybe then I'll start to listen to some of this crap.

We all have a job to do, you do yours, I'll do mine, and we'll do the rest together. The same people sign our paychecks... :down:

Perpetuating this pilot/engineer divide is completely counterproductive, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

AR

The next time I see an Engineer spending 800hrs a year at the wrong end of a long line, maybe then I'll start to listen to some of this crap.

We all have a job to do, you do yours, I'll do mine, and we'll do the rest together. The same people sign our paychecks... :down:

Perpetuating this pilot/engineer divide is completely counterproductive, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

AR

Having a wee bit of a rough day are we AR?? I hear what you are saying and agree with you. "BUT", If I don't get the respect and courtesy that I give others, eg. "I'm the Pilot and you work for me." crap, believe me, they are GOING to get a very nasty reaction. (As some have found out the hard way).

BTW, I love your statement, "We all have a job to do, you do yours, I'll do mine, and we'll do the rest together." Too bad we couldn't make it law somehow.

Having a wee bit of a rough day are we AR?? I hear what you are saying and agree with you. "BUT", If I don't get the respect and courtesy that I give others, eg. "I'm the Pilot and you work for me." crap, believe me, they are GOING to get a very nasty reaction. (As some have found out the hard way).

BTW, I love your statement, "We all have a job to do, you do yours, I'll do mine, and we'll do the rest together." Too bad we couldn't make it law somehow.

I hear you Splitpin.

Last time I checked, pilots AND ame's work for the same person - the Boss....

I'm very happy to say that where I work now, there is NO pilot/ame bullshit. We all respect each other, work hard to get the machines flying(my bit), and fixed(their bit). I have however worked at numerous places where that wasn't the case, and where the company culture indoctrinated that behavior in new hires from day one.

Respect is a two way street, and if I have a competent, hard working, and reasonably easy to deal with Wrench, I'll give them all the respect in the world. But the guys who sleep all the time, do a cursory D.I. on my machine, and laze about, no way, no how. I don't expect it to be any different when Ame's look at me or any other pilot.

I will however take great exception to generalizations, as I'm sure you and other Ame's can understand - it's doing nothing to ease this myth.

AR

PS, no I'm not having a bad day, it's just the topic.

I hear you Splitpin.

Last time I checked, pilots AND Ame's work for the same person - the Boss....

I'm very happy to say that where I work now, there is NO pilot/ame bullshit. We all respect each other, work hard to get the machines flying(my bit), and fixed(their bit). I have however worked at numerous places where that wasn't the case, and where the company culture indoctrinated that behavior in new hires from day one.

Respect is a two way street, and if I have a competent, hard working, and reasonably easy to deal with Wrench, I'll give them all the respect in the world. But the guys who sleep all the time, do a cursory D.I. on my machine, and laze about, no way, no how. I don't expect it to be any different when Ame's look at me or any other pilot.

I will however take great exception to generalizations, as I'm sure you and other Ame's can understand - it's doing nothing to ease this myth.

AR

PS, no I'm not having a bad day, it's just the topic.

Hopefully we can work together some day and put our theories to the test. I think we will do "Just Fine"

AR

Yikes your sure crabby. I guess it is that time of year were all getting stir crazy in the hangar so lets take it out on each other. You suck no you do WAH WAH WAH.

But I'm pretty sure the wrong end of a long line is the one swinging around my head as I hook you boys up to the load. Just my POV.