Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Desperate Times?

Where are gone all this talks about "paying one's dues", "attitude", and "how hard do you want it"? What changed since last year? :rolleyes:

Read again, my 'no free work' stance got me zero hours for years, and this was not compensated by any kind of respect, but who cares of my personal background... I try to speak collectively, I mean, to express what I believe to be the concerns of most of low timers (correct me if I'm wrong and if you are a low timer). Good enough, some above posts make me think that not all of you forgot how hard it was to break in. I also read about this kind of sacrifice as an investment, similar to launching a business in a less than favorable market. Now that speaks to me :D

further to my last...i'm guessing the person in question is working on the ground for a salary, and doing the non-rev "for free". once again...i hope....

Oh, and be kind with la belle province as it may become the first producer of flight hours for the years to come, thanks to La Romaine hydroelectric project :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Oh, and be kind with la belle province as it may become the first producer of flight hours for the years to come, thanks to La Romaine hydroelectric project :)

Way off subject here, but is that the Romaine River, by Havre St. Pierre on the north shore of the St. Lawrence?

I worked there in 1978, we were supporting diamond drills doing prelimimary exploration for a hydro project.

Where are gone all this talks about "paying one's dues", "attitude", and "how hard do you want it"? What changed since last year? :rolleyes:

Read again, my 'no free work' stance got me zero hours for years, and this was not compensated by any kind of respect, but who cares of my personal background... I try to speak collectively, I mean, to express what I believe to be the concerns of most of low timers (correct me if I'm wrong and if you are a low timer). Good enough, some above posts make me think that not all of you forgot how hard it was to break in. I also read about this kind of sacrifice as an investment, similar to launching a business in a less than favorable market. Now that speaks to me :D

Oh joy oh bliss! Hydro quebec work at the Havre with Herold! An hour a day guaranteed if you fly more than 30 hours a month and all the black flies you can eat! You can even load your machine with 3000lb of rocks to make sure you sink out of sight in the skeg if your stove quits! Core is after all much too valuable to carry as cargo on a longline.There was great seafood though!

I think I have said it more than once but for the benefit of those where not listening I will repeat myself. AGAIN. :rolleyes:

"IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BE A CAREER HELICOPTER PILOT BETTER HAVE A BACK UP JOB WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH, AS THEY DO QUITE OFTEN. THERE ARE LAYOFFS!!!!. SOME TIMES THEY ARE SEASONAL SOME TIMES THEY ARE DUE TO A DOWN TURN IN THE INDUSTRY.DO NOT BELIEVE THAT YOUR JOB WILL LAST FOREVER AND THERE IS SERIOUS JOB SECURITY . SO HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!! " THE ONLY CONSTANT IS CORPORATE PROFITS! YOUR JOBS ARE SECOND. THIS IS THE REALITY OF LIFE.

UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE AN ENGINEER!! THESE GUYS/GALS SEE FEWER LAYOFFS!!

CHOOSE WISELY!! ;)