Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Longline Vs Shortline

Rumors have it that this feller did a waterbucketing course around here some time ago, where he advocated comming in downwind, flaring downwind, then turn into the wind and depart. He apparently said that he did this all the time, in tight spots... :unsure:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That statement had me cranked more than anything else. I can't even see the cyclic its going so fast, but rrrreallly I thinnkkkk I fly jjjusst fffffine.

Seems a little to arrogent and pompus to me, have seen many pilots who are not the smoothest but are gentle and careful with the aircraft, and have seen hands of gold beating the living shyte out of things, attitude is the key, skill is in the mindset of being professional, hand eye coordination means nothing if the mind isn't involved.

sc