Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

First time I have seen it and it is a VERY nice gesture...

Sitting in Ontario, waiting for the fire season to start... Just got a call from my wife... She received a very nice gift from the company along with a hand written note from the boss thanking her for her support. It was nice to see a company acknowledge the fact that often there is someone at home waiting while we are away for weeks at a time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, OTR said:

Right on, would it be proper to name the company?

That is an awesome moral booster while in the field.

Have a safe summer out there.

Thanks and Nah...I'd rather not say... but I hope other owners that may read this get the hint and follow their example. ;) It's nice to have family at home appreciated. Stay safe Amigos...

16 hours ago, 412driver said:

Sitting in Ontario, waiting for the fire season to start... Just got a call from my wife... She received a very nice gift from the company along with a hand written note from the boss thanking her for her support. It was nice to see a company acknowledge the fact that often there is someone at home waiting while we are away for weeks at a time. 

Very nice.

What a fantastic gesture.  I remember there was a tornado that knocked out power to the town and anyone that was around the hangar helped out the families of those that were out with the aircraft.  Generators, fuel, food.  It was amazing how everyone pitched in including the owner.