Safespace

Regardless of which way you lean...if you have not yet seen "The Social Dilemma"? I highly recommend it. What an eye opener!! Totally explains why you believe what you do. For or against... I work for a company that gave the crews the choice yea or nay. Me? I am a Yay! (4 shots) Had covid...very mild case...down for 5 days. Have one friend that's a nay... into her 2nd MONTH of suffering. Lost more friends (no family, all Vaxed) to Covid that I care to count. By like Simpleton, I agree...demand the reach around!! Finally, I do like bread. All kinds. Every country I go to will have a favourite of mine. Frickin' love bread!! Mexico has this special bread you get fresh out of the oven at the local Bakery....to die for!!! Don't get me started about cheese....

• Like 2

Wow. I’m truly embarrassed that I work in the same industry with people that can go this far into crass stupidity. 
412, I also got COVID and was laid out for 4 days. Not fun but way better than some that refused to get vaccinated. Glad things worked out for you! The best part of working overseas is the food. You can’t really experience good food on a short vacation. If you want to really experience local food, nothing beats working there for a month or two. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simpleton said:

The year is 2030, and pilots now need a prostate exam as part of their daily pre-flight hazard assessment. Some people on Vertical Forum are against it...but then a wise gent going by the use screen name "Rotor" chimes in...

"but guess what…I do it because that’s what I need to. If you guys don’t like it you should just go do a different job. Things change so you need to accept it or move on"

With all the self proclaimed Doctors on this site (Do your research!),  at least,  maybe, it will be easier to at least get a real prostate exam.  

26 minutes ago, simpleton said:

Why stop at 4 shots....go for the 5th...just to be sure.

As many as it takes. I’m ready for my fourth. I’ll take another too. I got sick a while back and one of the people that I was working with is still sick. Guess how many times he was vaccinated…

2 hours ago, R0T0R said:

As many as it takes. I’m ready for my fourth. I’ll take another too. I got sick a while back and one of the people that I was working with is still sick. Guess how many times he was vaccinated…

Lol, ******* that's one sad false equivalence.

I'm guessing you're booked in for your Monkeypox shot too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 412driver said:

Regardless of which way you lean...if you have not yet seen "The Social Dilemma"? I highly recommend it. What an eye opener!! Totally explains why you believe what you do. For or against... I work for a company that gave the crews the choice yea or nay. Me? I am a Yay! (4 shots) Had covid...very mild case...down for 5 days. Have one friend that's a nay... into her 2nd MONTH of suffering. Lost more friends (no family, all Vaxed) to Covid that I care to count. By like Simpleton, I agree...demand the reach around!! Finally, I do like bread. All kinds. Every country I go to will have a favourite of mine. Frickin' love bread!! Mexico has this special bread you get fresh out of the oven at the local Bakery....to die for!!! Don't get me started about cheese....

Excellent point 412. I too watched "The Social Dilemma" and was shocked. I took stock of what the effects of social media had taken in my life, only to find that the negative effects grossly outweighed the positive. I soon cancelled all of my social media accounts. I have noticed many improvements in my life without, mainly in a more positive attitude towards my fellow humans. Interestingly enough, I have experienced zero negative effects on my life without social media!

Now that what seems like the majority of the topics of discussion on this forum which are of interest to me, or that I look to for useful input from those respected within the industry, are hijacked by covid19 vaccine advocates. Both for and against. 

More and more I only seem to get frustrated trying to sort through all the static, so to speak. (Yes, yes, I know Simpleton. We all choose to read/partake in the forum and don't have to blah, blah, blah. You are not wrong!)

Maybe it's just time to go back to phone calls and emails? Or some good ol' face to face conversation?

Yup, I think I'm done with this forum all together.

Safe flying/wrenching out there folks!

JJ.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HeliWrench9 said:

Excellent point 412. I too watched "The Social Dilemma" and was shocked. I took stock of what the effects of social media had taken in my life, only to find that the negative effects grossly outweighed the positive. I soon cancelled all of my social media accounts. I have noticed many improvements in my life without, mainly in a more positive attitude towards my fellow humans. Interestingly enough, I have experienced zero negative effects on my life without social media!

Now that what seems like the majority of the topics of discussion on this forum which are of interest to me, or that I look to for useful input from those respected within the industry, are hijacked by covid19 vaccine advocates. Both for and against. 

More and more I only seem to get frustrated trying to sort through all the static, so to speak. (Yes, yes, I know Simpleton. We all choose to read/partake in the forum and don't have to blah, blah, blah. You are not wrong!)

Maybe it's just time to go back to phone calls and emails? Or some good ol' face to face conversation?

Yup, I think I'm done with this forum all together.

Safe flying/wrenching out there folks!

JJ.

JJ.

I believe that the young pilots that read this forum can learn from us old timers.

I have started a few topics where we can help the low timers and all the covid talk aside I think we can turn this site into a educational tool for them.

I saw the Social Dilemma as well but I have never had social media in my life. I have have never wanted to send pictures of what I eat to anyone.... lol.... this site is as close to social media I have been.

Also at the end of the day who really cares if someone has gotten the jab or not..... it is none of our business.

So let's try and bring back the forum we want.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

I saw the Social Dilemma as well but I have never had social media in my life. 

You do realize that web forums are social media....you literally just posted your opinion on social media.

4 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

Also at the end of the day who really cares if someone has gotten the jab or not..... it is none of our business.

Apparently you, since you've been bitching and virtue signaling about the subject on here since the vaccine mandate came out.