Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Worlds Oldest Helicopter Pilot?

Vortex ---- the last time I crewed anything with anybody was so long ago, I can't remember who that was.........and you may well be correct. You'd have to remember and name the enigineer with us because I remember them ALL, when and where I worked with them.

Spartan ----that's an interesting "handle you have. Last time I heard of RR he was Ops Mgr at NORCANAIR in SK. JL has disappeared off my "radar" a long time ago. All I remember about KHQ was that she'd keep "bangin' out" the "fifth member" all the time and they'd just keep replacing it. Al also worked with Haida Helicopters (Northwestern Whirlybirds) and they had one ot two real "Golden Oldies" also. One of them lost an engine on a power-line job around Baie Comeau, PQ and the pilot put her in between the cross-members of one of those 150' towers....got out...climbed down.....and dusted off his trousers like that's where you land all of them. That would have been about '71....I THINK! :D Don't leave out KO either because he's still around, although he's pulled semi-retirement and moved back to where he came from.

407 Driver -----sorry buddy, I know how far back you go and you ain't young anymore.......so get off it! **** man, the air was still clean and sex was dirty when you started out. :lol:

Elvis ----- you are correct again about POA, but "dancing" off a pad north of Sept-Iles didn't allow her to last too long. :D I remember suggesting to said pilot that just because the friction was turned-down, he'd best keep in mind that the pedals still "walked". Next day he found that out while out picking up his cargo net.

Biggles ------the one and only....at least I hope so because if I'm wrong, I can't do that all again with another "Tasmanian Devil" like that boy. My liver still has a "caustic hum" just thinking about him. :lol:

FREDDIE ------if your last name starts with the letter "W", then we know each other TOO well and go back one **** of a long way. I just gotta be wrong on this one.

Vortex ---- the last time I crewed anything with anybody was so long ago, I can't remember who that was.........and you may well be correct. You'd have to remember and name the enigineer with us because I remember them ALL, when and where I worked with them.

Cap, I was the engineer...maybe a few days in Quebec City :up: between jobs before ferrying to Cape Breton in a 205 will jog your memory.

Hello and good day Cap..

Im really really curious if you were the fine Gentelman who I was flying with one day in AHA when the window on the pilots side sliding door blew out in flight?????? I believe we took off from Lac Peau to pick up a crew and I just tagged along for a ride..

Cheers Mini.........

I agree this is one awesome thread.I flew KHQ with Klondike and then with Kenting.K.O. did my checkout.Then I left Kenting and flew her again in Labrador and N.F.L.D. when Sealand bought her off Kenting. Miss that old girl cant remember where she went after Sealand.

Cheers Mini....