Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Does Your Licence Read?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humff -Cracker Jack boxes indeed! I have no respect for those who got their licences the easy way!

I had to pay for mine and spend lots of time getting it! I also had to demonstrate attentiveness, skill, and eye / hand co-ordination to receive my hard earned ratings! Not to mention the hearing test.

If you didn't get the numbers right no licence!

I won mine in a BINGO Game!

" Under the B ..... 47"

bag swinnger

you are correct on the night rating, I do have one of those. When you have a night rating it doesn't say anything on your licence. However if you don't have a night rating it says something to the effect of "Daylight Hours Only". I think!??

I'm still in New Orleans doing clean up, just about had enough of this place. This is my fourth tour down here and you can only do Bourbon Street so many times.

Fly Safe

VX

Guest bag swinnger
I'm still in New Orleans doing clean up, just about had enough of this place. This is my fourth tour down here and you can only do Bourbon Street so many times.

Hey VX just say the word and I will come and relieve yah! if you can fly one of those egg beaters it can't be that hard. :P

Hey four tours, you should have some good pics to post by by now.

Guest graunch1

Mine is real simple M1, M2 used to have the E as well before the change.

A/c worked on in past 42 years

CF104,T-33,CF-5,L188,DC3,-4-6-8,F27,F28

B707,727,737,757,747,C150,170,172,177,206,210,310,404,414,550,X,

GI,GII, DHC3,6,PC6,KA90,KA100,KA200, Merlin II,DO21,Cheyyane II,II,IV

geez it gets hard to remember all the a/c

Oh yeah a few heliwhoppers,B47,205,206,212, S55,61,76, BO105,AII,Gazelle

And to relate it to the Peelot side of the house I figure that the average year for a graunch equals 171 hours per month X12 =2052 hrs per year less holidays, paperwork,seducing the canine etc of approx 1,000 hrs per year so I guess I can average 1,000 hours working on flying machines per year.

Multiply that by 42 years =42,000 hrs. Nothing too unusual for one of us working folks B)

Get some time in guys ;)

oh yeah and 1 or a 12 hours as a PPL

I was looking around through my stuff and found some licenses...

...The most simple one is my US license it just says ..All airplanes single and multi engine land and sea...Helicopters and Gyroplanes...

My first training flight was in a Cessna 140 June 23 1953, my last flight as a crew member was in a Boeing 767-300 ER. on Sept. 04 /05.

Lets see I hold authority to instruct under South African CAA, Australian CASA, JAA in Europe and last but not least I hold a valid Airdisplay Pilot Authorization JAA with no restrictions...

and it means jack #### to me because I have been in aviation to long. :rolleyes:

The most fun was Ag work with a little Hughes 300, the most boring was the big jets that are no more than nintindo games.

I truly have no clear idea how many hours I've flown but they have all been accident and breach of regulations free....the no accident thing was mostly luck, the no breach of regulations thing was they never caught me. :up:

The Rev. Chas. W.