Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Training Blog

matt_as350

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Matt. I've really enjoyed reading your postings!!!

I've been completing my own training, and we started and successfully completed within a few days of each other, so I've often been able to relate to where you were at.

I hope you have a great summer! and get to do some flying!

Owen

Thanks to everyone for the replies, much appreciated.

I finished up my last 6 hours in the jetranger on Thursday, those were great, confined's, some mountain flying, autos, emergencies, great aircraft to fly.

It's nice to be done and exciting as well, had my licenses signed Friday night :up: I enjoyed the training and learned alot, Had some great instructors who I learned from.

I am excited to get back to working in the industry, and will be starting my road trip on Monday, Starting in Vancouver and working my up thru to Northern BC and Yellowknife Possibly, then down thru Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta, and Southern BC. So if any one wants to grab a bite to eat, it would be cool to put a face to some of the names on here, if anyone is up for it, drop me a PM. Any tips, advice, words of wisdom, etc, etc would be much appreciated :D

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

Matt

Newly Licensed Commercial Pilot-Helicopter,RH22,RH44,BH06!!! :up: :up:

Thanks to everyone for the replies, much appreciated.

I finished up my last 6 hours in the jetranger on Thursday, those were great, confined's, some mountain flying, autos, emergencies, great aircraft to fly.

It's nice to be done and exciting as well, had my licenses signed Friday night :up: I enjoyed the training and learned alot, Had some great instructors who I learned from.

I am excited to get back to working in the industry, and will be starting my road trip on Monday, Starting in Vancouver and working my up thru to Northern BC and Yellowknife Possibly, then down thru Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta, and Southern BC. So if any one wants to grab a bite to eat, it would be cool to put a face to some of the names on here, if anyone is up for it, drop me a PM. Any tips, advice, words of wisdom, etc, etc would be much appreciated :D

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

Matt

Newly Licensed Commercial Pilot-Helicopter,RH22,RH44,BH06!!! :up: :up:

Well done "blog"350..well done.. :up:

Hey Matt,

My quick two cents, going the co-pilot route is a great way to break into the industry. It's a really good way to get on working with experienced drivers who are in a position to help you out for advancement, eventually after showing that you can work hard and that you a good head on your shoulders. I had the pleasure of working with some great pilots and great engineers on 214's whom I still take lessons from and will for a long time. I think it's a route you should definitely consider when you're planning your road trip. Good luck!