Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Anyone Starting At Bcit Soon?

rcketchik

Kyle and 212... arent you both saying the exact same thing? The tool is virtually useless if the person using it isnt willing to use it?

I think in any education the learning is up to the student.

(Cant belive I just found this topic)

Cheers

yes we are and i apologize if i offended you kyle. I instruct in a school and it is a broken record of students who are not willing to take responcibility for there actions. Product of our society I am afraid to say.

No apology needed and no offense taken - it's all part of the process of sharing and discussing ideas. :up:

NLC is in Vernon run in conjunction with Okanagan College at the Vernon Airport. Video conferencing has been done only once on a experimental trial bases. There are instructors in the Vernonl campus who teach the AME program.

http://www.okanagan.bc.ca/calendar/program...e-engineer.html

On that same theme, who hires folks who take AME by correspondence? Also the schools, because DOT tells them, will graduate folks who do not meet the 70% pass mark. They have to obtain a 60% mark in the program and will be given what is called a letter of attendance. They will be given 1000 hours of credit (as opposed to 1800hrs which you get with a 70% pass mark) and will have to write their DOT exams. when they are able to prove that they have obtained the other 3800 hours of experiance when they go to get their license. Students who make the 70% grade write there exams in school and only have to write the Air Regs exam when they go to get there license.

That being said, whould you hire a apprentice who walks in your door with a letter of attendance?

hay guys i'm not trying to upset anyone but don't you think that we have hijacked this thread enough :blink:

now all the topics have been interesting and 212wrench i am totaly interested in the second part of your post. but don't you think that it could have it's own thread and it will get more discusion on the forum than if hiden here?

hay guys i'm not trying to upset anyone but don't you think that we have hijacked this thread enough :blink:

now all the topics have been interesting and 212wrench i am totaly interested in the second part of your post. but don't you think that it could have it's own thread and it will get more discusion on the forum than if hiden here?

Yes, enough messing around, let's return to talking about going to a crappy tech school! :blur: