Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Resurgence Of Entry Level Flying Jobs

A charity....get real. When this is offering services that are offered by commercial operators that have invested large amounts of capital to properly and lawfully run a business that creates employment, pays taxes, etc., one would not call this a charity....it is in reality a chisel charter outfit that is trying to work through a loophole.....what a bunch of garbage.

I'm sure Transport Canada will be very interested in how this is playing out...enforcement is one of their areas that is actually working these days.

Your statement shakey that, " there are ways around everything in this world" pretty much sums up the mentality.....

• Like 2

A charity....get real. When this is offering services that are offered by commercial operators that have invested large amounts of capital to properly and lawfully run a business that creates employment, pays taxes, etc., one would not call this a charity....it is in reality a chisel charter outfit that is trying to work through a loophole.....what a bunch of garbage.

I'm sure Transport Canada will be very interested in how this is playing out...enforcement is one of their areas that is actually working these days.

Your statement shakey that, " there are ways around everything in this world" pretty much sums up the mentality.....

Jeezus Bob I thought you of all people would have seen the sarcasm in my post. I hate explaining jokes as well. My god this industry is screwed.

• Like 1

So guys/galls that could shell out $50-60,000 for a pilots licence in the first place are now consider charity cases? Wow.

How many duffel bags of weed can that little swamp buggy sling? Joke of coarse ; )

I'm not in a postion to hire people at the moment, but pretty sure I'd laugh the person out the door and tell them to come back when they have 'certified' hours. The person fresh out of a reputable school would be a wiser choice. Desperate people do desperate things especially in desperate times like these. Folks doing their licences now or considering doing their licences really better have done their homework ahead of time. If the old flight school is telling you that there are scores of pilots that will be retiring soon, run away. Guess what, thats the oldest line in the book. I first heard it in the 90's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I understand people are upset and feel this doesn't help our industry. If anything this will allow some entry into the business but I agree its not right. We're upset that some one would work for less, possibly effecting the industry as a whole, however it's happening all around us. For example how about muliti engine aircraft flying around for oil and gas or the mining sector, those large company's have minimum muliti engine hour requirements / time on type spec's , I'm willing to bet those reg's arn't being followed. I don' t see the difference, just happening on different levels in the industry.