Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Night Rescue 442 Sqn/golden B.c.

2:00 A.M. Monday morning.

Just back from watching Canada's finest extract a stranded B.A.S.E Jumper from some very rugged terrain high in the Rockies near Golden B.C. Buffalo was overhead dropping flares to illuminate the scene. While the Cormorant crew pulled off a 200+ foot winch operation. Very impressive work.

Not enough O's in the word SMOOOOOOOTH, great work gang.

407Driver, lent his expertise to the job as well. Congrats to all involved for a job well done. :up:

Jiggler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

270' ...give or take a few feet.

This accident happened in the late evening Sunday PM. We were preparing to go in with the Parks Canada Rescue wardens at first light this AM (with a 300' class D fixed line) but the chances of this individual surviving the night were very slim at -12c. He was clinging to a small ledge 1/2 way down a sheer 500' face (overhang above).

The only option was to remove him ASAP, so the Comox crew did just that....departed CYGE at 0100, wrapped up and delivered to hospital in about 1 hour.

I gotta get me one of those cool Night-Suns, a 300' Hoist, those fancy high-lift blade tips, NVG ....and 2 more engines in my 407 :up: :up: Well done gents :D

Jiggler, the crew enjoyed their post-mission Timmy's treats you bought. (do-nuts at 0300 ? :blink::wacko: )

Are these machines not equipped with both auto pilots and stability systems? Is it not possihle for it to remain in a rock steady hover for as long as there is fuel in the tanks by engaging these systems? I believe the winch man, who has a bird's eye view of the line from his position in the door can adjust the position of the machine with his own control.

Are these machines not equipped with both auto pilots and stability systems? Is it not possihle for it to remain in a rock steady hover for as long as there is fuel in the tanks by engaging these systems? I believe the winch man, who has a bird's eye view of the line from his position in the door can adjust the position of the machine with his own control.

I see his lips moving.... but I don't hear anything.....

V

What is that strange annoying noise? :angry:

Jeez John - if it's all so easy - why don't you just get up there and show them and us how it's done!

If you can't then why don't you.......................................................... besides which I think that ......................................................................

Furthermore...........................................................

Notwithstanding that ......................................................................

. sun don't shine!

( Incredibly gross, painfull, anatomically impossible suggestion and further derogatory comments deleted )

Then I suggest that you get down on your knees everynight and pray that when you are in trouble it is a Canadian S+R asset that comes to rescue your sorry butt!

Thanks again to 442! :up: