Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Favourite Ppc Question

Winnie

T - Handle fires the bottle, switch on dash arms bottle. Pull handle, select main bottle fires, move switch to reserve fires other bottle. Make sure switch is not moved to main or reserve when moving the handle. Had a pilot ,during prestart, check the handle by pulling it to see if it shutt off the fuel valve (which it did) however, he never checked and the switch was in the main position. Those bottles make a helloffa bang when they go off. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy!

Did not realise I was going to get any answers at all!

RDM- The DOM would get mighty mad at me for putting a hammer to the cyclic tube, so no chance to measure this!

WTF's Question was answered correct

412Driver:

VNC Is Lambert Conical Conformal with two standard parallels and the straight line drawn represents a great circle

VTA is Transverse Mercator and covers only a small area, constant to the scale along the area, and the straight line is again considered to be a Great circle.

(and there are MANY people out there who think these are similar to a standard mercator projection, and they are WRONG!)

The wood question, thought the bead in the sight glass for the hydraulics was made of balsawood??

New question

How many chip detectors on a B206?

Skully,

Keep counting, don't forget the freewheel and depending on the xmsn could have an upper plug. Some may argue about the oil monitor on the filter, but you are right it is a "chip plug". 6 or 7 plus oil monitor. H

How about B2, B3 single hyd., and B4?

Ah, yes you are entirely correct, forgot that freewheel unit, which brings to mind another question. IF the freewheel plug is wired(some are and some not) where should the wire be connected to, engine or transmission chip light.

B2 is all I know and ours have;

5-engine

2-tranmission

1-hydraulic

1-t/r gearbox

1-pilot seat(I can smell Ms. Vicky's Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Chips a mile away)

sc

Alright I'll have a go.

If the Freewheel chip plug is wired, it will MOST LIKELY be wired to the TRANS CHIP light. However, I have flown in a machine that had it wired to a F/W CHIP light (old style push-button lights).

Also, I have recently seen a 206 Transmission with only 1 chip plug. It was located immediately below the oil level sight glass. Never seen one before and neither had any of the other guys.

HAZY: Am still confused about the Transmission Filter chip. Is that a chip plug? If so, is it ever wired?

From what I understand, the 206 transmission (excluding the transmission filter) can have anywhere from 1 to 3 chip plugs.

Alright I'll have a go.

If the Freewheel chip plug is wired, it will MOST LIKELY be wired to the TRANS CHIP light. However, I have flown in a machine that had it wired to a F/W CHIP light (old style push-button lights).

Also, I have recently seen a 206 Transmission with only 1 chip plug. It was located immediately below the oil level sight glass. Never seen one before and neither had any of the other guys.

HAZY: Am still confused about the Transmission Filter chip. Is that a chip plug? If so, is it ever wired?

From what I understand, the 206 transmission (excluding the transmission filter) can have anywhere from 1 to 3 chip plugs.

The freewheel chip plug is connected to the the trans chip light.

I recall years ago in Sept Iles a 206 was having a problem with an intermittent trans chip light and after many checks of transmission plug and the freewheel plugs ( with nothing found) the wiring was checked and the engine chip plug and the freewheel wires had been intermixed ( the helicopter had recently been rebuilt after a rollover)

The engine was changed that night.

Horsepower lost with bleed heat on in a C20 engine?? what are the approved publications of an aircraft. any special instrument required for a 206 in canada? and where did you get the answer. anything special about the decal on the front door post if was missing or half tore off? After greasing the MR driveshaft on a 206, what would you be required to do? fuel guage showing 20 gallons on a 206, how much is onboard?