Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

Hepac would be well advised to include ALL of us in their proceeses rather than hiding away from those who are less than sure of the benefits a membership can offer.

Perhaps it would encourage others to join if we were all allowed to "observe" their procedures, as guests.

So far I haven't seen anything they have done to benefit the industry.

But then how would I know.....I can't read anything on their web site.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not as long as you judging from your other post's! 6-7 years now. I know there's a lot things I haven't seen/experienced.

But....I don't take bullsh$t...I call a spade a spade....I know when someone is pulling the wool over my eyes...or someone else's. I know there are lots of very unprofessional people out there, pilots and management alike. I'm not in denial by any means.

I guess what I was refering to in my "caaviation" topic, is that when I was a lowtimer on here, I held a lot of the previously mentioned members in high standing, and still do.Heck their advice, tips, mannerisms etc on the industry were something I always in held in my back pocket. I learned not to work for nothing. Regard yourself as a professional and never forget it. All sounds corny I know. :rolleyes: But those were the days when I was striving get the heck out of university and get to flight school. I still hold those same values.

Now we have the likes of Daz over in the training forums being subjected to the childish behaviour on here. Is this the impression he leave with our 100 hour guys? To go out in the field and complain from day 1 and have a piss poor attitude towards the industry for the next 45 years because already driven in their heads are that you don't want to work in Quebec, hate and chase out every foreign pilot we meet, the industry is total garbage etc. Or do we, as members and experienced pilots, be constructive and pass on the facts and the truth in a respectful manner.

This is where I first learned about the industry. So have many others and many more to come. Hopefully these guys can separate the bull from the facts :punk:

Good post R22Captain!!

Just because a person has many years in this business doesn't necessarily make him smart or professional. Some so called "Professionals" have scared the living bejeez out of me over the years!! Older folks (myself included) tend to hold up their years in the business as a kind of "flag of privelege". Well, the reality is there is a LOT of young folks that are coming up in the industry that have impressed the H=ll out of me with their work ethic and professionalism (yourself included) Us "older" folks can learn a lot from them, as they can from us. The big "Operations Manager" in the sky gave us two ears and one mouth for a very good reason.

I just don't understand some peoples attitude toward Quebecers. I have worked many times in Quebec and with Francophone's outside of Quebec and have always had a positive experience with them. The fastest way to a Francophones heart I have found is to at least TRY to speak French to them!! Good folks!! Same apply's to the Kiwis, Aussies and other nationalities in this country

Rant is over, Adios

I agree with Slitpin. Best fun I had was working with a pack of new guys. They weren't young, just new. They were fun to work with, entertaining, and refreshing. I was hired to mentor them, and I like to think it went well. They had a wealth of other world experience, and they just needed some direction and someone to answer questions etc. I'd do it again because I like them. My next contract after layoff had me working with a bunch of older guys, not as much excitment, but nice. I have never had a bad experience in Quebec, or with any of the French guys who came here, they too were entertaining and we had other things to talk about anyway. Old doesn't mean your better, young doesn't mean your stupid.

Good post R22Captain!!

Us "older" folks can learn a lot from them, as they can from us. Same apply's to the Kiwis, Aussies and other nationalities in this country

Rant is over, Adios

splitpin

Really good post. Respect everybody as they are and keep an open mind and hart.

R22C - yes I am Norwegian, landed immigrant as the country was built on. Is that wrong :unsure:

split man, please gimme a break... i'm crying out loud to get acces to the forum since day one.. and i cant be more honest that i am right now telling you that I've been sending a check for my second years as a supposed member...

if you don't believe this I'm willing to get the 2 checks back from my bank and I'll send it to you scanned...

always send it at the address in Toronto.

Now tell me , em i gonna be able to go on the forum or not? you seems to have prime access to this hole mess, can you fix that for me.?

i haved received by e-mail more then once a confirmation of an a temporary access code that i have to validate, which i did, to my surprise it was not working, forum telling me that all membership have to be authorized before getting free access,which is okay, after that ,,, no more, and all from them.

also tryed to rote them what the problem was, anser..... we are working on it, so do i.

if you had your first member 8 month ago,than before that trust me , I've been scammed or something.

As soon as i hurd about hepac, on aeroads, i tried to became a member.

cant be more disappointed than that.

i'll PM you my pseudo name and also my personnel info if you need it.

cheers.

Sorry sling, I have no "pull" at Hepac. and hear what you are saying. But I do know one thing. There were no paid members before May1 2008. It appears you just may have been scammed, who knows. Perhaps one of the board members looking at this site will help you as they keep VERY meticulous records on membership and finances.

Regards

Splitpin

splitpin

Really good post. Respect everybody as they are and keep an open mind and hart.

R22C - yes I am Norwegian, landed immigrant as the country was built on. Is that wrong :unsure:

Remember the old saying after the Swedes let the Germans into Norway via the "back door"

Ten tousand Svedes--running troo ze veeds--chased by vun Norwegian!!

Love it!!

Sorry sling, I have no "pull" at Hepac. and hear what you are saying. But I do know one thing. There were no paid members before May1 2008. It appears you just may have been scammed, who knows. Perhaps one of the board members looking at this site will help you as they keep VERY meticulous records on membership and finances.

Regards

Splitpin

Okay, thanks! Will now see whats relly gona hapen with all that.;..

and by the way thanks to you and AH1 for the truth about what a real quebecer is.

I work for a company that treats me like a professional pilot. I got hired on as a low timer in the hanger. Right from day one I was treated fairly. They allowed me to go to a fixed wing job in the off season. I now wear shiney bars on my shoulder and do 2 hours of paperwork for a 0.4

I like what I do. I have no regrets from the day I walked into flight school a few years back.

I'm not saying there aren't difficulties or things to fix. I'm not getting into the points I agree/disagree with. I enjoy indepth discussion with a little heat. World would be a boring place if we all had the same point of view. I just don't like interacting with people who's attitude is at the same level as Bush's vocabulary skills.

R-22 Capt. I'd like to know in your experience as a pilot have you been overlooked for advancement by a person out of country? If you have did you think it was right? I'm also not talking a 10000 hr pilot when you had 500 hrs. I'm talking 1200 to 1500 range you being the 1200.

It sounds that you are the type of person that has your head so far up the chief pilots arse you can tell him when his next dental appointment is. Liberal B.S