Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

Well, HappyFeller...the one thing that both the former Caav and the current Vertmag forums have always going for them was/is class. Just about anything could be discussed in a non-confrontational and fairly respectful manner. Sure, there's times when when all h*ll breaks loose and other times when you're left rolling on the floor laughing...all when it's appropriate. Ain't nothin' wrong with showing some class now and again, is there? :unsure:

And just to stay "on topic," Work Permit Freezes are reactive vs. proactive and alienating in an already troubled global economy. post-824-1232127821_thumb.jpg Please do enjoy the remains of the day, all. TGIF!post-824-1232127789_thumb.gif La la la!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mr Happy for confiming what R22 points out. Do you have anything at all positive to mention about anything? Why don't you move over to JH where the rest of the whiners and complainers hang out.

Well actually I do.Thaks for asking 212. With all this caffufle over the work shortage, I contacted CIC and made a few inquiries. They told me that HRDC was incharge of the labor market info. So I called them too. They told me that they were aware of the large quantity of unemployed skilled and qualified canadian pilots that could otherwise fill the posts, and that they had recieved several complaints from persons (Canadians) that were unemployed while permit holders were not and they were adressing the problem. The gentleman from Ottawa told me that they were aware of the down turn, and they would be restricting and holding the employers to higher standard to assure that they comply with the rules of finding Canadians to fill whatever positions were avialable. They closed by saying that its going to get harder to get an industry specific permit. They asked me if I would be willing to have a conference call on the matter and I said I would as soon as I get home. So there you have it. Kinda!

Guest SidewallPuncture
Still?? You should get on with your life.

Bring back aviatorselect.com

not sure what your issue is. A question was asked and I believe I answered with a valid response that the longest and most viewed post was started by Vardy and it related to motorcycles.

We are so lucky to be able to participate in an industry forum were pilots from all over the country can discuss issues that directly affect their job and future, in real time.

This forum, and others like it, through the internet give you the opportunity to table issues that affect us all and discuss them, even with some emotion (heaven forbide) with other pilots, regardless of were you are located.

The next step is to figure out how to enforce the changes to insure our future as an organization of professionals and not a rag tag bunch of loosely connected individuals interested in themselves.

Hopefully, we can arrive at a consensus to enact the changes necessary that will make the industry better, for everyone.

Issues like allowing foreign pilots to come here, at the whime of the operators, and take the food right out of your mouth and the mouths of your co-workers.

As much as you may not see yourself as part of a brotherhood of professionals, you are and you have a responsibility to every other member to help protect their best interests.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated

Get with the program......

I would REALLY like to hear from HEPAC.

Where are they on these issues?

We are so lucky to be able to participate in an industry forum were pilots from all over the country can discuss issues that directly affect their job and future, in real time.

This forum, and others like it, through the internet give you the opportunity to table issues that affect us all and discuss them, even with some emotion (heaven forbide) with other pilots, regardless of were you are located.

The next step is to figure out how to enforce the changes to insure our future as an organization of professionals and not a rag tag bunch of loosely connected individuals interested in themselves.

Hopefully, we can arrive at a consensus to enact the changes necessary that will make the industry better, for everyone.

Issues like allowing foreign pilots to come here, at the whime of the operators, and take the food right out of your mouth and the mouths of your co-workers.

As much as you may not see yourself as part of a brotherhood of professionals, you are and you have a responsibility to every other member to help protect their best interests.

HEPAC = Helicopter Employment Phor Austrialian Citizens

Professionals! :lol: HA! If this industry had a shred of professionalism half of the difficulties would wash up overnight. Where do you want me to start. :blink: I think your misheld belief that there is any professionalism in the industry is way off! Purely wishfull thinking! The word delusional comes to mind as well. But I guess everybody needs a dream! Good luck on that one.!

I work for a company that treats me like a professional pilot. I got hired on as a low timer in the hanger. Right from day one I was treated fairly. They allowed me to go to a fixed wing job in the off season. I now wear shiney bars on my shoulder and do 2 hours of paperwork for a 0.4

I like what I do. I have no regrets from the day I walked into flight school a few years back.

I'm not saying there aren't difficulties or things to fix. I'm not getting into the points I agree/disagree with. I enjoy indepth discussion with a little heat. World would be a boring place if we all had the same point of view. I just don't like interacting with people who's attitude is at the same level as Bush's vocabulary skills.

:punk: :rolleyes: :up:

ok now...i have to say that i totally agree with you! especially when you say :"regardless of where you are located".

We live in the same country but we dont speak same language....but, we can still work together to make this industry better for all of us....AME or pilots.

Why don't you join and find out instead of trying to create shite against them. That's the only way you will "HEAR" from them. The only problem "you" will have is you have to post using your real name.

Actually HEPAC has a thread on the go right now that covers the issue of work permit freezes.

Here is the link to join. You have to be a paid in full member in order to post.

http://www.hepac.org/

I work for a company that treats me like a professional pilot. I got hired on as a low timer in the hanger. Right from day one I was treated fairly. They allowed me to go to a fixed wing job in the off season. I now wear shiney bars on my shoulder and do 2 hours of paperwork for a 0.4

I like what I do. I have no regrets from the day I walked into flight school a few years back.

I'm not saying there aren't difficulties or things to fix. I'm not getting into the points I agree/disagree with. I enjoy indepth discussion with a little heat. World would be a boring place if we all had the same point of view. I just don't like interacting with people who's attitude is at the same level as Bush's vocabulary skills.

I understand your point! Just curious, how long have you worked in the industry??

HF

Why don't you join and find out instead of trying to create shite against them. That's the only way you will "HEAR" from them. The only problem "you" will have is you have to post using your real name.

Actually HEPAC has a thread on the go right now that covers the issue of work permit freezes.

Here is the link to join. You have to be a paid in full member in order to post.

http://www.hepac.org/

well...you know what? it's my second year as a member now , and I'm still not able to go to the forum.

many e-mail was sent with the same anser every time, sooooo any douts???? yes sir, still concern about what their doing with my money....

HEPAC is a very nice machine....."witout an engine".

If you wanna know, i'M very irritated about them an i'm not the only one.

the thread you gave is unreadable... "you do not have permision to enter the site" the told...

HEPAC....just a bit more, and we will calle it TOTAL FAILURE.