Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

It amuses me greatly to read how terrified most of you are of anything with the word "Association" in it.

It leads me to suspect that some of you could well be shilling for owners and managers. In the Canadian helicopter industry, nothing and no one is more scared and afraid of a pilots' and/or engineers' association than company owners and managers, even though they are utterly and completely ignorant of how such an endeavour would function for the benefit of its members and the companies they work for.

And it amazes me how seemingly intelligent folks will climb on the bandwagon no matter how poorly the wheels are attached. There are so many holes in that website it wouldn't keep the horseflies out. The idea that any association is better than none is completely flawed. I really don't want to start on the discrepancies on the website as I think perhaps the intentions are good(unless as some suspect the guy is an excellent troll) so please, the soapbox needs to be strong enough to stand on before getting on it and saying how good it is.

• Like 2

It amuses me greatly to read how terrified most of you are of anything with the word "Association" in it.

It leads me to suspect that some of you could well be shilling for owners and managers. In the Canadian helicopter industry, nothing and no one is more scared and afraid of a pilots' and/or engineers' association than company owners and managers, even though they are utterly and completely ignorant of how such an endeavour would function for the benefit of its members and the companies they work for.

I don't think anyone is terrified about an association. We would welcome one that truly represents the pilots in this country. It would be nice to have a body that voiced the opinions of pilots and engineers. The owners certainly do not like the word "union" and that is not the answer but a group that represented the issues could be appropriate. The problem is most pilots are underachievers who play way too hard on there time off. I nominate HV to be president of ,"The Rotary Wing and Engineers Committee of Canada".

Question Fred... ?

Are you retired from this business...? Because if you are yur in a good position to start something... Those of us that are not have to be careful not to be too opinionated...(no matter what we know or believe the truth is) We are unfortunately bound by compliance with the Asch conformity experiment until such time as livelihoods and feeding kids don't depend on it. Unfortunately it would be nice to be able to speak ones mind and fight like **** for change... but this would ultimately lead to disassociation, and basically being ganged up on and put on the imaginary don't hire list....Yes, there is freedom of speech in Canada but don’t think for minute that anyone who hinders or disagrees with the GM at GSH or any senior member of management is up for, or put on the preferential hire list.....

So Fred, if you are the guy I will support your efforts, but be forewarned, yull be a hunted man and it takes calcentrous insides to still be breathing after all is said and done…

Baton down the gun hatches…